LegacyGT.com

WAXING: what do you use?

Me?

First I start with Mother's California Gold Clay bar.

this is a pain in the butt, but if you want to get a good wax you have to use this-$20.00

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/Bu11dogg2/Clay20Bar202.jpg

next I use Meguiars Mirror Glaze, Professional Show car glaze #7.

this is a pre wax and helps your wax hold tighter. $10.00

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/Bu11dogg2/clay3.jpg

next, after letting the show car glaze set for 24 hours, I use Meguiars Mirror Glaze Professional HI_TECH Yellow Wax #26

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/Bu11dogg2/clay2.jpg

this wax is great. Goes on clean and dries quickly. once dry it comes off pretty easy and leaves a deep wet shine.

well, I cant forget about my tires... if the the rest of my car is shining, I might as well make the rubber shine. So I use this, and let me tell you, I LOVE IT!!

Its so easy to use and is mess free.

Its called the "black Magic tire Wet Express" It has a foam applicator and you just squeeze the sides, then rub it on the tire.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/Bu11dogg2/clay4.jpg

I'm gonna take OCDetails advice and try the S100 that you can get a Harley Davidson dealership next. Right now I have 4 open bottles of wax and I have been pretty happy with each one. But.... if this S100 is as good as he says it is...

I also want to try one these sealants I hear so much about.

I guess you could say I'm a little OCD too.

What do YOU use?

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I clay with Clay Magic. Then I polish with Poorboys SSRs. Usually SSR2 works, but sometimes the swirls are minor enough that just a pass with SSR1 is enough. Then I use the Wolfgang Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer and slap on a coat of Wolfgang Paint Sealant. I usually do 3 coats of the sealant before I stop. You have to wait 24 hours between coats, so I just put a new coat on once a day for a couple days and then stop.

For wheels and tires I use Eagle One A2Z to clean and then Eagle One Wet to shine. I just got some Poorboys Spray N Gloss to shine up hoses and plastic under the hood and I think I'll give that a shot on the tires sometime. Turtle Wax also has an interesting product that just came out for tires that I want to try. It says it doesn't sling and it lasts longer than other products. Eagle One Wet doesn't sling either as long as your tires are dry, so I am interested to see if the Turtle Wax product is better. Anyway, after I do the tires I usually use whatever quick detailer I have handy to wipe down the wheels. I put a coat of Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection on the wheels a couple times a year and that helps keep them clean.

For the leather I use Wolfgang Leather Cleaner and also their conditioner. I only do that every month or so. Between applications of the conditioner I use Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer to keep everything dusted. On the dash I use Four Star Rubber and Vinyl Protectant. Since my favorite place to shop doesn't carry it anymore I recently bought some of the Wolfgang brand product that should be awesome. WG hasn't ever really disappointed me other than their clay. Meguiar's is the same way, so I don't hold it against them for not making good clay. Anyway, sometimes I'll use 303 Aerospace protectant if I run out of my other stuff. I like having a variety around.

For glass I stick to Stoner Invisible Glass. I use RainX on the outside and that helps make it easier to clean. I also use this funky interior glass cleaning tool that I got at Home Depot. It has a handle and a triangle thing on a pivot at the end that helps give you leverage to clean the hard to get places on interior glass. I think it is called the Glass Wizard or something like that. It is awesome.

The carpet gets Prestone uphostry cleaner. It is the one in the red can and I've found none other that I like better. It does a great job at removing stains from carpet as well as just cleaning up mud and grease. It is one of the few products that I buy in bulk.

The exhaust tips get glass cleaner on them. If you keep up on them then that is all you need to do. If they get really built up and cruddy then I use ScratchX to clean the gunk off and then glass cleaner. I haven't had the need to use any chrome polish on them yet, but if I did then I'd like to try the new Eagle One' Nano Polish. I've heard good things about it.

Under the hood gets cleaned by hand with Poorboy's Spray & Wipe and Automotive Simple Green. I've been using CD2 Engine Detailer on the hoses and plastics, but that stuff is too hard to find these days. So I've switched to Poorboy's Spray N Gloss and that is looking great. I just shined up the engine covers today with that and they look awesome. I should have done before/after pictures.

For a quick deatailer I use Spray & Wipe, or Eagle One Spray Nano Wax. Those all look great and I like to change them up every now and then. I just got some Wolfgang Spray Sealant and will be giving that a shot tonight. We'll see how it looks. Four Star has a spray sealant that I really like as well as Detailer's Pride. I am hoping that the Wolfgang brand meets my expectations.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

S100 is awesome. You won't regret buying that wax. It looks outstanding. The price they gave you is pretty much the going rate for it. Considering that it looks exactly the same on your car as P21S (which is about twice as much for the same amount of wax) I'd say that S100 is one of the best deals in carnauba waxes right now.

For sealants I'm a huge fan of Wolfgang right now. I tried a few other products recently and just polished everything off and put Wolfgang back on my car. The difference between everything else I tried and the WG was so dramatic that I seriously don't see myself going back to them on my car. They are still great products that I'll use on other cars, but for my color and what I like I really don't see a reason to switch back. I'll keep trying new things, but if they don't stack up to WG then they aren't going to go back on my car. I've never heard anyone say anything bad about Wolfgang sealant.

OCDETAILS BLOG

www.DetailCity.com They are a forum vendor too so you get a 10% discount when you type the code in the checkout. I think it is legacygt. Anyway, they are great to work with and you will not regret it.

Don't sweat the price either. Wolfgang spreads really easily. One bottle is probably good for 20 or 30 coats. It is different than wax and spreads much much better.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Another positive vote for Wolfgang from a long-time Klasse user. It brought tears to my eyes on how easy the Sealant went on and off.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35428

I wasn't as impressed with the pre-wax cleaner, but it still seemed to be a solid product. I'm interested to see how the durability compares to Klasse, but based on my paint-touch up person I use, the Wolfgang was a bitch to remove for a small section of bumper I had repaired.

Ken

Guest *Jedimaster*
Actually, I was serious- I think some of the GTP guys used to use it. They were big on that and that motorcycle wax you guys like.

I think that is called Pig Snot. There is a whole line of products for motorcycles from that brand. There is also a product for chrome tail pipes called 'Blue Job' that is pretty good.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I think that is called Pig Snot. There is a whole line of products for motorcycles from that brand. There is also a product for chrome tail pipes called 'Blue Job' that is pretty good.

I think the pussy wax sounds better.

I used the Wolfgang clay, 3 coats of Klasse AllInOne, followed by the S100, per OCD suggestion. I am very happy. One the QUick Silver the finish has a deep irredesens (sp) to it. I love it.

Two ?s for OCD. Do you suggest repeating the S100 once a month? When I repeat the Klasse, how long do I wait after the S100?

Thx, Mike

S100 is good for at least 6 weeks. Applying it once a month will keep it looking good for sure.

You should wait at least 24 hours after your last coat of sealant before putting anything else on the car. Keep in mind that you can't use a sealant on top of a wax. The oils in the wax won't let the sealant bond and you would just be wasting product.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Sorry if this has been mentioned or discussed about before, I'm new to this forum and haven't developed a feel for the board as yet.

Has anyone tried the new 3M paste wax? I think it's called Perfect-It paste wax? I saw (online) someone's results and it looked amazing after just one coat. I was thinking of using about 3 coats of that, topped with a coat of S100 (I called my local HD shop and they have it for ~$13.00 CND).

Here's a picture of the results of a coat of the 3M paste wax that I saw: http://www.cs.yorku.ca/~cs231104/DSC_5239.JPG

EDIT: Here's a link to a sample product write-up: http://www.autogeek.net/3mpershowcar.html

DSC_5239.thumb.JPG.4177ce25ae0576e8648326b152d4933b.JPG

Archived