LegacyGT.com

AC Help

It's for an 05 LGT - I was involved in an accident and picked up my car a while back....I hadn't needed the A/C until this weekend and when I when to use it, I realized my A/C wasn't working. I stopped by the body shop this afternoon and they were going to recharge but we couldn't find the specs anywhere in the engine bay or owner's manual. Tried calling a few Subie dealerships but none of the service depts were open.

• 10 months later...
it is a hydrocarbon blend. I'm not sure if it is legal in the US but it is sold in Canada and the rest of the world. Pretty much every car I've filled with the stuff cools significantly better and the compressor load is noticably less. some techs don't like it because it is inflamable but so is r134 once you've added the lube oil (don't ask). on the plus side, the thermal decomposition products of hc12 are not super toxic (like r134's) and hc 12 doesn't cause heart problems like r134. personally I'm not worried about a pound or so of inflamable refrigerant when I have a hundred pounds of gasoline in a tank behind me.

Archived