LegacyGT.com

cleaning a northern car?

jholder

All,

I might be buying an LGT this weekend. It's got really low miles, but its still seen at least two winters. I'd be bringing it from PA to AL. My question is, how, if necessary, do i clean the undercarriage of salt/de-icer? I'm not even sure if this is an issue, but I remember reading in my younger years that salt build up was a problem.

As an aside, on my first visit to chicago I wondered what all the odd "boobie" shaped buildings were on the side of the road. I was more surprised when I asked the friend I was visiting what was up with the 10 foot red and white poles on the fire hydrants... "10 feet of snow! in 30 years I've never seen a foot of snow in person!"

Thanks in advance

The salt build up problem isn't that big a deal most carwashes around these areas have the option to spray under the undercarriage which will wash out the excess salt. Aside from that you might want to make sure PA uses salt some area's have gone away from salt and use other products that have a various other issues(I know areas that use sand tend to have a lot of broken windshields and chipped paint)

As for the Boobie shaped building around Chicago, its because we like Boobies so we make little building that look like them all along the major high ways.

Boobies are definitely a good thing. Boobies full of salt? hmm... jury is out on that one. On the same trip I also saw contruction signs with knock knock jokes on them. It freaked me out at first, but then I thought, that is actually a pretty good idea. Unfortunately I missed the sign that had the punchline on it. :(

--james

Archived