LegacyGT.com

STI BBS gold rims on ABP LGT wagon?

Hey guys... looks like I secured a deal on mint (no curb rash) 04 BBS STI rims.

In gold FTW!!!! :icon_surp:icon_surp:icon_surp Tell me how would it look on an ABP wagon? I did search and search, and could not find a picture of one here...

I wanted to get silvers, but found golds locally. I am not big on gold. In fact, I never liked gold anything on car... but trying to think out-of-the-box... Also, looks like I should be able to easily trade them for silvers in case I can't live with them.

Btw, $825 picked up... with 225/45/17 Michelins Pilot sports (probably at the end of their life) and with gold BBS center caps (allegedly non-standard?). Good deal?

Sounds like a really good deal given how hard it is to find these in good shape. Generally a clean set will go for 1000-1200 on Ebay.

I'm normally not a huge fan of gold either but it will probably look pretty good on ABP given the contrast, as long as you don't mind the JDM-look, yo. Someone else on this board has gold BBS wheels on a white wagon and it looks really nice.

Here's a quick photochop to give you an idea (hopefully there won't be any lawsuits ensuing from PGT for copyright infringement)

STi-BBSgold.jpg.2b55f9c139aaabfc6e4103ab9059059c.jpg

Hey, redline76... THX a lot for the photochop! Yeah, I see that's Patagonian's car... saw it before. Even tried to buy the wheels from him :lol:

Indeed it looks quite good... things is, it kinda brings attention, which is somewhat contrary of my plans to have an ultimate sleeper. Hmmm.

Sounds like a really good deal given how hard it is to find these in good shape. Generally a clean set will go for 1000-1200 on Ebay.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

maybe with brand new re070s. without tires it's more like $800. $850 is a fair deal if they're in good shape. if the tires are in good shape it's a great deal.

as far as the gold color, i would swap for some silver ones. or try and sell them on ebay for 1200!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-STi-17-x-7-5-Gold-BBS-Factory-Wheels-5x100_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43957QQihZ007QQitemZ170000016136QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BBS-Sti-Wheels_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66483QQihZ019QQitemZ8066166828QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUBAURU-IMPREZA-WRX-STI-BBS-WHEELS-TIRES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66483QQihZ019QQitemZ8066521057QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

None of these appear to have tires in significantly better condition than what was presented by the original poster. Also, I did state Ebay, not Nasioc or this forum where things tend to be sold cheaper.

I think the '04 wheels usually go for more than the '05/'06 wheels given that they fit a greater range of Subarus.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-STi-17-x-7-5-Gold-BBS-Factory-Wheels-5x100_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43957QQihZ007QQitemZ170000016136QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

winning bid $1925.

:iam:

why anyone would pay $2000 for them is beyond me. you can get wider, lighter Volks for that much.

Once again, demonstrating that in a free market economy, the value of a product or service (i.e. price) is worth what the market will bear.

:)

Suprisingly enough, these high dollar numbers come up every now and then.

I had gold Rota Tarmacs wheels on my '04 WR blue WRX wagon. It looked great. I traded in my WRX and got my '05 LGT wagon and tried the wheels on my LGT. It did not look right to me or my friend. He is one of JDM lover. He has a '05 WRX with all the rallye stickers and such. I think something like gunmetal or grey centers with a machined lip look better on that color. here my shameless plug.:icon_bigg

140057(1).thumb.JPG.6d1ec3877fbf91777e19a7c446f6278c.JPG

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived