LegacyGT.com

Worst Weekend Ever.. (Help needed/ legal advice)

Wow, I thought you got into an accident and hit someone. Or got a DUI. Single car accident sucks, but what can you do except take that turn a lot slower next time. With no one else involved it's pretty hard to blame the car. You can't blame the weather. Just take your lumps and chalk it up to experience.

About the only thing you can do is carefully review your policy to make sure your insurance company isn't screwing you with those "surcharges."

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Check your tire pressures.

For me, with the LGT, the RE92s were extremely sensitive to inflation pressures. Just a couple of PSI off in either direction, and I can have plenty of fun (or scare) in the wet with -EITHER- oversteer or understeer, and I could even modulate the degree of such responses by varying the pressures to my desire.

Certainly, 15 MPH is plenty slow for most driving situations - even cutting a relatively sharp corner. However, depending on the exact cornering conditions, that speed can also said to be "not slow," particularly with a vehicle as heavy as ours.

Remember that the RE92s are an all-season compromise, and one that's specifically equipped by SoA to also give "the average" LGT owner/driver - whose demographic doesn't normally include "enthusiasts" - decent treadlife.

They're not "performance tires."

i check my tire pressures religeously and if they are for the average driver then you think thy would equip the car with a better tire because the average driver cant drive and wont know what to do if the tires let go.

i dont know if its been said yet, but the 02 wrx had the adverse affect, usual complaints were that the abs was always activating at the wrong time. have the dealer check the body control module/abs module for any pending codes for wheel speed sensor failures. however if the ecu sees all values for the system within tolerance, you may be screwed. all manual subaru's have abs no traction control and no yaw sensors for vehicle dynamics. if the car does not see slip (ie: front wheels and rear wheels at greatly diffrent speeds) or panic braking the system is passive. as far as legal advice, SOA is going to be very expensive to battle and without any component failure almost impossible to beat. if i was in your place i would get the car fixed and be more cautious at that intersection.

You've go no one to blame but yourself. How can you expect to sue the insurance company and win. In Australia you would have been given a ticket for negligent driving, paid your insurance, got your car repaired and been on your way.

Take the rap for your actions, accidental or not......

You've go no one to blame but yourself. How can you expect to sue the insurance company and win. In Australia you would have been given a ticket for negligent driving, paid your insurance, got your car repaired and been on your way.

Take the rap for your actions, accidental or not......

If you'd read the entire thread... you would see that he is doing that.

Knock off the flaming guys... or this one is going bye-bye..... :argue:

Can you elaborate on this surcharge? Is it something they want to add to your remaining policy coverage period? If so, start shopping for a new company NOW!

when something is at-fault and a little flag pops up to the insurance company that the at-fault or multiple claims have been made, a notice goes out to the insuree about "a surcharge" which is known to the rest of us a raise of rates. Eventually that surcharge will be taken off and you are back to your "normal" rates.

Another thing that gets sent out is the notice of cancellation or non-renewable condition which eventually after the policy term is over, you get the boot (has happend to many of my friends which had to go and get state issued liability insurance, and it SUCKS... if you think you have a bad driving record and think you have a lot to pay, go deal with a state-issued insurance and cry about THAT later).

Keefe

i check my tire pressures religeously and if they are for the average driver then you think thy would equip the car with a better tire because the average driver cant drive and wont know what to do if the tires let go.

:)

"The average driver" also won't be attacking any corners in any kind of slick stuff - I submit as evidence my wifey in her WRX. :)

Hell, she doesn't even drive aggressively in the dry. :lol:

Her stocker treads has gotten her through all kinds of weather, and she's felt the safest in her WRX out of all her past vehicles - specifically noting "awesome traction."

"The average" is set very, very low. Remember the demographic that our LGTs cater to. We LGTers here are rather the exception to the rule. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

At first I thought these accidents were a statistical anomoly but now I'm beginning to wonder what the LGT does differently in slippery conditions under 30mph on a turn thats confounding young drivers.

You're doing the right thing. Get the quote and weigh your options and then go from there.

Gee, ya think it might just be the boost coming on? Exactly what an inexperienced driver needs: 250 HP, 250 LB/FT, wet conditions and a turbo!

And don't tell me the kid that started this thread is an experienced driver. Experienced drivers don't have these kinds of accidents.

P.S: Note to Black on Black

AWD and/or ABS can't repeal the laws of physics.

The insurance appraiser is coming out Monday to get the first estimate

man there taken their time......let me know what the damage is after the body shop takes it apart.....

man there taken their time......let me know what the damage is after the body shop takes it apart.....

Finally! SomethingBlack on Black could actually sue for!

Here's a tip B on B: Bad faith.

Archived