LegacyGT.com

My stereo install

Blue-GT

original stock location with focal tweaters were too harsh sounding and current location gives better sound image ...i would imagine anything after market tweater in stock location won't be a good choice.

Out of curiosity, why did you mount the tweeter so low in the door? Why not up in the stock location? Or did you leave that one active too?

Stock tweeter locations for my Polk db6500's sucked.

I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

the stock location on the LGT, along with any other car that feature high door or dash tweeter locations, are just horrible for sound IMHO. harshness, divided sound, and bad imaging are just a few side effects...

this is why even when i do stock location midbass installs (pretty rare for me acutally), i will put the tweet down in the kick panels :)

b

I put my cross over setting to -6 with focal speakers and still t he sounding was way too harsh and sound stage was horrible. When I moved it down to current location it sounded right. I recommend alpine headunit over kenwood. I also did 4 door speakers power by v12 alpine 55wx4 and 12 inch sub powered by cheap kenwood amp.

The reason low mounted tweeters (or coaxials) sound better and stage better is that the pathlength of the tweeters is longer to your ears and results in more coherent transition from the mid to the tweeter range as well as better imaging. The tweeters in my wagon are in the same place as BlueGT's.

BlueGT... you may want to experiment with reversing the polarity of one of the front mids... this made a huge improvement in my soundstage and imaging.

BlueGT... you may want to experiment with reversing the polarity of one of the front mids... this made a huge improvement in my soundstage and imaging.
You've mentioned this a few times now. Is this something that should be tried even with the stock speaker setup?
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

You've mentioned this a few times now. Is this something that should be tried even with the stock speaker setup?

At least I'm consistent, right? :lol:

You should not try this with the factory speaker setup because you will lose a lot of bass response. This approach only makes sense with an aftermarket setup with a real subwoofer.

Thanx msmith, I will give it a try and see how much difference i hear from reversing ploarity.

Just changing from factory speakers to after market speakers made huge difference in terms of loudness and clarity. But factory setup seem to block out lot of treble and bass out of music so factory speakers can handle it .

Sound staging and harsh tweeter became issue when after market Headunit and amp got added in. With after market setup lowering tweaters near to front mids are must..

Reversed the polarity of passenger side mid and made difference. Tweeter is sounding off balance again with reversing polarity. I am gonna try to flip both mid and tweeter in driver side and see if that makes difference.

Archived