LegacyGT.com

Audio Signal Processor

Adriftoc

the blackjack is not supported as of yet because he display dimensions are different from every other WM device available. We will release a version specificaly for this device in the near future, no date as of yet.

This is not good, I won't have anyway to control it. grrr I hope it's the near future, cause I don't know how long I'm willing to wait.

Has the desktop client (XP) been announced?

This is not good, I won't have anyway to control it. grrr I hope it's the near future, cause I don't know how long I'm willing to wait.

Has the desktop client (XP) been announced?

At CES we showed a preview of the windows solution. It wil be on the site this week for beta trials.

• 3 weeks later...
Got the 3sixty.2 installed and I love the flexibility, but had a nightmare time trying to get it to pair with anything but a palm. Please tell me a blackjack version is coming soon? I'm now the proud owner a worthless palm E2, I would really like to return this...

What application did you use to control your 3Sixty, Palm or Windows PC?

I finally got it to pair when I went out and purchased a palm E2 along with the 2.1 version of the palm software. I tried 2 Dell Laptops, Toshiba Tablet, Dell Axion 51 and the Verizon Wireless XV6700 with no love... The windows version constantly runs into a COM port issue, while the PDA versions were hit or miss on even seeing the 3sixty.2 and when it could be paired, the application would not launch. Needless to say, I was aggitated that a $500+ device caused so much pain.

I'm on the Fosgate forum and I've been watching the threads. The COM port issue appears to be known while the PDA issue appears to be related to .Net 2.0 issues. I must add that once I got the palm E2, it worked perfect! Pairing and launching of the application was too easy, I just don't want or need a palm outside of the 3sixty.2.

Now you see!! Now you see the reason why we chose PALM. Everyone complained about Palm but Palm is the most stable/consistent handheld OS. We try to accommodate our customers by providing Windows solutions but as you have experienced first hand, Windows isn't as friendly.

As for the AXIM X51, I have one that I used to do development and it works just fine, no issues. All of the Widows Mobile software went thru a public beta as well and many, many customers used and tested it to help us work out the bugs and now is officially released.

Windows PC is in its BETA test. It explicitly states this when you download it as there are still bugs to be worked out. One thing that is constant in this equation is the 3Sixty hardware. The firmware in that device has not changed and works just fine. The variable is all the crazy idiosyncracies with Windows.

Yeah, the palm worked perfect, but it's still a palm. I understand that coding for the palm os is much easier, but they are no longer the market leaders and they're losing share at an alarming rate.

Be it that I'm in the IT industry, I truly understand the complexities Windows adds to the developement process. However, it's a necesarry evil to continue this development. I hope to see a Blackjack/Q/Dash version in the near future...

The 3sixty.2 is an amazing product and I've wished for this type of control for many years. I'm now your spokesman for those who will listen. Fix the windows errors and there will be greater adoption of this technology. As in any product life cycle, the early adopters will suffer the most. I'm sure this will all be a moot discussion in the near future.

• 5 months later...

Glad I found this thread; I'm having my 3sixty.1 installed on Tuesday. The installer does have a palm so we will be using that for the initial setup. After that's complete, is it really necessary to have further adaptability? My cell phone contract is up in October (Verizon) and I can change over to a palm if there's a real value to it.

Also, if I don't go with a palm and choose to stay with a bluetooth-enabled cell phone (LG, etc) will that give me the functionality that I need? I assume not, but I'd just like to be sure that I'm making the right decision. Thanks!

I used a Palm 650 for almost a year, and recently (two days ago) moved to a samsung blackjack (after the palm was deemed to be too buggy to support by corporate IT).

I like Palm devices - I purchased my first one back in 98. That said, the Palm 650 is a horrible horrible phone (and the at+t / cingular network is pretty bad too).

As a PDA, it's really good though - better than my (non-bluetooth) Dell Axim.

I have not installed my 3sixty yet, but when I do, I'll use the 650. When (if) I leave my job and they want that phone back, I plan to spend the money to get a palm device solely for the purposes of tuning the 3sixty. Now that palm OS is end-of-life'd, I figure it should be easy to pick up a palm on the cheap. I've been looking for a deal on one of these devices for almost a year, no real luck yet..

I'd suggest that you consider buying a palm device for your 3sixty and then buy a decent phone, rather than trying to get both at once.:)

I used a Palm 650 for almost a year, and recently (two days ago) moved to a samsung blackjack (after the palm was deemed to be too buggy to support by corporate IT).

I like Palm devices - I purchased my first one back in 98. That said, the Palm 650 is a horrible horrible phone (and the at+t / cingular network is pretty bad too).

As a PDA, it's really good though - better than my (non-bluetooth) Dell Axim.

I have not installed my 3sixty yet, but when I do, I'll use the 650. When (if) I leave my job and they want that phone back, I plan to spend the money to get a palm device solely for the purposes of tuning the 3sixty. Now that palm OS is end-of-life'd, I figure it should be easy to pick up a palm on the cheap. I've been looking for a deal on one of these devices for almost a year, no real luck yet..

I'd suggest that you consider buying a palm device for your 3sixty and then buy a decent phone, rather than trying to get both at once.:)

Palm is not going "end of life". In fact, they are working on Palm OS II ( http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=13140 ).

With all the tuning options available, you will want to tweak after the initial installation. I went through hell to get a MS pda to work. The palm interface is sweeter with less issues. I'm also looking for a used Palm just for tweaking.

I have the Samsung Blackjack and I have had no luck in getting it to work. If someone figures it out, please share...

Just read that you have the 3sixty1 and not the .2. The tuning options are limited, but you will still find alot of tuning options.

• 1 month later...

Just had my 3sixty.1 installed and let me say its great. unfortunately I might not be able to follow my 6 month wait time to trash the factory mids and highs since the 3 sixty shows me how crappy they are :) sheesh hahahaahah but I love the way everything sounds. I actually had my sub installed for about a week before the 3sixty install and I was sorely disappointed in my sub . So at least my sub will be able to hang around for the time frame I have planned...

now the tuning options is a whole other story.... When my installer set up my 3sixty he used my Sprint Mogul. When I got home and wanted to tweak his settings my Mogul gave me stupid .net errors. A hard reset couldnt fix it. So my laptop with logitech dongle is my only way to tweak for now until I can get my mogul swapped out and see if that works. But let me tell you, when it was working on my windows mobile device it was a thing of beauty. So there you go theres my psycho babble about the device

Archived