LegacyGT.com

#!@&*!!! Mechanics w/ Airtools!

KartRacerBoy

Tried to install my new front and rear Cobb hollow swaybars. Car up on jackstands, wheels off. rears links removed from rear sway. losened bottom/outside muffler bar w/ 18" breaker bar. Can't get breaker bar on top/inside muffler to y-pipe bolt; not enough articulation. Wrenches don't give enough leverage. Nor does socket wrench. I hate mechanics with air tools. Muffler shop installed my 3" perrin center and y-pipe to stock mufflers. ARGHH!!!!!

Guess I'll have to pay another idiot with airtools. ARGGGHHHHH!!! Must go drink BEER now. bye.

Have you tried just dropping the mufflers from the hanger... i installed the cusco RSB with a buddy by dropping the exhaust hangers, letting the hang and slowly twisting the sway bar out... and you might have an easier time, we kept the tires on the car.
SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

Have you tried just dropping the mufflers from the hanger... i installed the cusco RSB with a buddy by dropping the exhaust hangers, letting the hang and slowly twisting the sway bar out... and you might have an easier time, we kept the tires on the car.

+1

Its a PIA but you can snake the sway bar out with the mufflers attached but dropped from the hangers. Also a mega PIA to get the friggin hangers re-attached.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I've had situations like that where I put the end of the ratchet on a floor jack and raised it to break it loose.

If my mechanic will do it for less than an hour each for front and rear, I'll let his shop do it. Aggravated a tendon I once tore in my hand just trying to loosen the dang bolt and now my left hand won't be able to grip anything...ANYTHING for a good few weeks. I love working on cars.

Don't call my wrench small. Insulting. Seriously, the problem was that I couldn't get my breaker wrench on the bolt. Too much interference from various parts of the car. The breaker got one bolt off fine. I'm just too dense sometimes (and in too much of an impatient rush to go to my brother in law's pool) to thing of things like penetration agents. This is why I stick to little cars like karts. No air tools go near my karts.

Wrist much better, btw. I used beer, Jim Beam, and martinis as penetrating agents to lube up my sore tendon while soaking it in an 86 degree pool this Memorial Day weekend. Still not good enough to wrench on my car, but at least I can now do important things again like pick up my 3 yr old daughter. Life is good and goes on.

just buy yourself a compressor and air tools. my 30 gallon craftsman was 300-400. great investment. air tools arent that much either. since i dont use them all the time i dont need real expensive tools like snap on.

peace

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived