LegacyGT.com

2006 LGT Ltd. Folding Mirrors - Powered?

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but does anyone know if the 2006 Legacy GT Ltd. side mirrors are powered? Or have an electric mechinisim for folding them in and out? It's a nice feature, but a pain to have to get out to fold/unfold the passenger side mirror.

I have the heated mirrors with integrated turn signal, much like the ones found on other vehicles (i.e. VW Toureg ), which is where I learned that their mirrors fold in electronically.

Thanks!

What would be the benefit of this feature? I haven't had to fold the mirrors on my car as long as I have owned it. My previous vehicle had folding mirrors too but I never really used that function.

What would be the benefit of this feature? I haven't had to fold the mirrors on my car as long as I have owned it. My previous vehicle had folding mirrors too but I never really used that function.

Most cars in Europe have them because there are a lot of narrow streets, and most parking is on the street. So you push a button to fold the mirrors in so they don't get damaged.

When they say "power mirrors", they are saying that you can adjust them by power, doesn't mean it will fold by a touch of a button. This is something very big in Asia also since the parking spaces there are much smaller.

Hmm...benefits....well first off I care about my car, and I don't want housewives dinging the side of my mirrors every time I frequent the grocery store, or shopping malls, or places to eat, or any where that has a parking lot.

I guess if you had a legacy that looks as good as mine you might understand. ;)

My garage door is pretty narrow (one car garage), so it would probably help me get in/out of it slightly faster. :p

-Mike-

Actually, this last one is a pretty good point. It only takes one garage exit too close to the doorframe to make a pretty bad day. My wife did it once with her old Civic - yikes, that makes a pretty mess of both the mirror and the garage door rails.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 11 months later...

all cars in europe and japan have power folding mirrors STANDARD (even the sentras have em) why? because the roads are too narrow to fit two cars down at a time so drivers can flip in the mirrors at the flick of a switch (on the fly)

can't retrofit JDM mirrors to a USDM car because the reflective optics in both mirros are reversed....looking out through them will be difficult

all cars in europe and japan have power folding mirrors STANDARD (even the sentras have em) why?

Interesting. Lots must have changed since I was in Europe month ago....

power folding mirrors are purely a luxury based item here in the US. The ability to be able to hit a button and pop both outside mirrors either in or out at the same time remotely is a luxury item and is available on certain luxury cars.

FYI, the Nissan Maxima and Hyundai Azera are the only non-luxury cars with this option.

Humm, even driving down the tightest roads in Boston there is no situation I can think of where the extra 2 inches of clearance would make me comfortable squeezing my car in to a space where I otherwise would not have attempted. I mean jebus, that's really freakin close. I don't get that close to anything.

Some luxury options available on cars amaze me. The fact people are willing to spend money to retrofit something like this on to their cars blows my mind.

Humm, even driving down the tightest roads in Boston there is no situation I can think of where the extra 2 inches of clearance would make me comfortable squeezing my car in to a space where I otherwise would not have attempted. I mean jebus, that's really freakin close. I don't get that close to anything.

Some luxury options available on cars amaze me. The fact people are willing to spend money to retrofit something like this on to their cars blows my mind.

i would agree that the retrofit is a waste of $$$$$ but if you want to start with wasting $$$, let's talk $8k HRE rims...or $4k Volks...or $1000 CF hoods....etc...the list could go on...and that's just my $.02 on things....

everything is subjective...what's worth $200 to me could be worth $2mill to you (an exaggeration but you get the point)

power folding mirrors are cool and would be very functional for me..my garage is very tight and I need my mirrors to fit it.....hitting a button would save me a minute and having to get out of the car to fold both in manually....

I wouldn't spend $$$$ on it though....

It's just extra Bloat, like TPMS...

however, since the mirrors are power adjust, why not have them tilt down when reverse is selected? that's pretty standard on a lot of cars too, and actually usfull for parking really close to curbs to stay off the street.

An infiniti M35 I rented a couple months ago had the auto-tilt down. It was an enormous help. I feel like if I had that, I wouldnt have scratched my rims as much as I have :(

Big deal. Adjust it manualy, that's what I do...

Archived