LegacyGT.com

Political forum

Guest *Jedimaster*
I say it gets renamed "Who gives a shit" or maybe "Opinions arfe like assholes" forum.

I have come to the conclusion that the small number of people out there who are able to be respectful when discussing religion or politics on the web usually have the good sense not to get involved. Therefore I think what I posted is going to be about the most respectful thing you can expect to see if you open a forum that allows people to attack other's religious or political beliefs. Besides, what good could possibly come of such a forum? You are dealing with two topics that are so totally subjective that nobody is going to win any argument.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

If people want to argue politics and religion then I'm sure there are other boards out there more suited to it than here. All it will cause here is bad blood and bent feelings. It would get out of control and every thread would have to be locked down. There are too many LGT members without enough self control to be grownup about the topic. I just don't see the culture of this board being one that is mature enough to handle a forum like that.

OCDETAILS BLOG

That's just my opinion, of course. Frankly I don't come here to discuss religion or politics, so I wouldn't frequent that forum anyway. You guys go ahead and do what you want with it.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, ex-First Lady and likely future presidential candidate threw out an odd legal suggestion to the National Press Club this week: a nationwide return to the double-nickel. According to Clinton, "The 55-mile speed limit really does lower gas usage. And wherever it can be required, and the people will accept it, we ought to do it..."

The announcement comes as a surprise, despite rising gas prices and increased pressure from environmentalists, as it is unlikely to prove popular with voters.Naturally, that's not the only automotive issue on her mind... among other four-wheeled initiatives, Clinton reported that she is pushing for 50 percent of America's gas stations to offer ethanol by 2015, with 100 percent by 2025.

Sammy Hagar was unavailable for comment.

Denial is your best friend

I've seen more boards ruined by political arguements that spill over into ad hominem attacks by members in other parts of the forum.

No one that I've Ever seen has 'won over' any converts on the internet. I guess that's the point though, being able to spout off semi-anonymously and then sit back and enjoy the cacastorm.

I've seen more boards ruined by political arguements that spill over into ad hominem attacks by members in other parts of the forum.

No one that I've Ever seen has 'won over' any converts on the internet. I guess that's the point though, being able to spout off semi-anonymously and then sit back and enjoy the cacastorm.

well put!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Political discussions get heated enough... we don't need to add the religious fuel to the fire. People believe what they want to believe ... any arguing about it isn't going to change their mind.

We all need to be more tolerant of one another.... unfortunatly, that doesn't happen.

Indeed. This is a car forum. Keep it light. I could care less about what race, creed, religion, or political view other members have/are. Yet I respect their rights to have/be them. SOA isn't listening to anyone anyway.:lol: Keep voting. Keep praying, or meditating, or chanting, or whatever gets you by. Be safe and enjoy.:icon_bigg
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

Political discussions get heated enough... we don't need to add the religious fuel to the fire. People believe what they want to believe ... any arguing about it isn't going to change their mind.

We all need to be more tolerant of one another.... unfortunatly, that doesn't happen.

all the more reason to make it a private forum, just like the political forum, just put the two together and ask that all the discussions stay in there. that way the rest of arent subjected to it.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I say "Opinions arfe like assholes" forum.

This line applies to almost everything in Life and in Politics.

Opinions, unless they have substance, are like pieces of shit .

Politicians, talk crap all the time. You don't have to listen and you don't have to see their lips move..........all you have to do is use your sense of smell.

Yes they are all products of assholes.:lol::lol:

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Archived