LegacyGT.com

Need help with selecting windshield wipers for my Legacy

The Forums seem split between Valeos and PIAAs.

I have not tried the Valeos, but they come so highly recommended from so many trusted brothers that I can't help but think I'll try a pair the next time I replace mine.

I'm currently about 9 months-in to a pair of PIAA silicones. Wonderful. I love them so much that I actually bought a set for the wifey's WRX.

I'm still not sure that they'll last all the way to their one-year date, but they are holding out like a champ, and have now been through one harsh NE-Ohio winter already, without becoming brittle or otherwise causing streaks/noise.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

FWIW...my stock wipers lasted 18 months and did a great job. Rain-X is the key. It allows the wipers to slide over the glass without wearing down and depositing rubber on the glass (which causes noise)

How do you use the Valeo or the Bosch Ion with the wing that is on the drivers side wiper. I really like the look of these two wipers. I drive 3000 miles a month mostly highways so wipers are a big deal to me.
Pella Windows and Doors: Viewed To Be The Best

With the Valeo's the wiper is a whole assembly, so you loose the wing on the driver side...

"just set it and forget it!"

They have built-in spoilers though.

Got my Valeos off of amazon.com with $3.99 nextday shipping using a free Amazon Prime offer.

There are two different 18" Bosch Icons, 18A and 18B. Which is appropriate for the passenger side? Bosch's vehicle lookup appears useless for 2005 Legacy/Outback with regard to Icons.

I went for the Bosch Micro Edge Excel because they were much cheaper at autozone than the Icons, plus I got a free can of Stoner's Invisible Glass cleaner with them. Driver side was $16 and the passagner side was $10. They wanted ~ $24 for the driver's and I think about $16 for the passenger side.

I just tested the wipers out after 70 miles of driving this evening and they worked excellent.

Archived