LegacyGT.com

Who owns a 06 Sandstorm car?

I picked up one of the 2006 Sandstorm cars from a dealer in Maryland. Apperently there are quite a few of these cars out there. Wonderng if anyone else on legacygt.com has one of these discounted beauties?

Any troubles?

Hows your paint?

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

I picked up one of the 2006 Sandstorm cars from a dealer in Maryland. Apperently there are quite a few of these cars out there. Wonderng if anyone else on legacygt.com has one of these discounted beauties?

Any troubles?

Hows your paint?

What dealer in Maryland?? Just curious,,,

yeah, pics would be nice. We have terrible dust storms that pick up tons of debree here in AZ. We had a pretty bad one where I was the other day. Right after I paid for a freakin car wash, too. But I wash my car every 1-2 days, lol. So its bound to get dirty a good majority if the time right after a wash.

I'm just curious, what do you guys use to wash and wax your car? I just got my lgt last Saturday and noticed today that there is a couple small scratches :( on the paint, probably from small rocks and debris on the highway. There is a lot of construction going around here so i think its from that, cuz at the dealer ship i didn't notice anything wrong with the paint. So what would be a good wax or way to hide the scratches?

I bought a wind damaged LGT a few months ago. The paint is perfect and I can still find no flaws. A great deal IMO. I would do it again. Although, I heard that some cars were damaged worse than others.

I have one of them...My pops also bout a B9 tribeca, and my boy bought an LGT LTD, and his mother bought a B9 as well...All have great paint on them. Unfortunately, some dude decided to run a red and t-bones my front end...Just got it back from the body shop today, and the car looks pretty damn good...

• 2 months later...

I bought a new 2006 Outback XT from Subaru of Jacksonville. Paid about $8000 under MSRP/freight/prep for it. Dealer said that it had very minor paint damage from wind storm. Damage limited to one front quarter. No structural damage or dents. Paint repairs are invisible and car is beautiful. Had to waive the factory paint warranty to which I said OK.

Now the rub.... I got the application for title from the Florida MVR and it states that the car will have a SALVAGE title:mad:. I immediately called the "assistant sales manager" who had no answers. There was NO mention of such a thing when the sale was made. Waiting on a call from the general manager. It's gonna get ugly if there is no way around the salvage title business.

Any thoughts or advice??

I'm just curious, what do you guys use to wash and wax your car?

OC Details is our resident detailing guru: look for his advice in the "Detailing, Maintenance, and Long-Term Care" forum. As for me, I've been extremely impressed with Meguire's NXT Tech Wax on my Silver LGT. Not the deepest shine out there, but the liquid is crazy easy to apply and it is lasting forever!

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

I am a little lost. What is a Sandstorm LGT??

A car named after a regionally famous Swedish rally driver from the 1930s and 40s. He was killed when he hit a herd of reindeer at 130mph and went off a 500 foot cliff into a river.

I bought one last March - saved a ton of $$ and will be using the difference to make it a better ride. So far I've installed Cobb f/r sways and TDC Stage #1 flash and I still have a couple of $K to go before I spend all the $$ I saved (I guess I really didn't save it then did I?). So far the only thing problem I've had is I had a lot of sand blowing onto the passenger side floor mat duriing the first few weeks of ownership. A couple of minutes with a vacume cleaner and I was as good as new. Sure - I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Archived