LegacyGT.com

Mp3 problem solved with ...Wma

simons gt

Well since our headunit doesn't play Mp3s I never thought it would play a WMA file. I searched forums and the was no answer to that either, so I decided to try.Convert one of my CD's into Wma and put it in my CD changer and it worked:icon_surp .

I have Infiniti components in the back powered by a Kicker amp and let me tell you that the quality difference between a 192kbp burned disc and decent rate Wma is quite stunning. Wma is clean and crisp, and the best part if you compress the files reasonably you can fit 6-7 albums(10songs/each)on one disc.

So for all of you who wants the Mp3 feature just download the Wma converter and enjoy a better quality music at about a same capacity as Mp3 would give you.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, you'll have to tell us what software you were using and all that good stuff. I converted to 44k, 128bit .wma files, burnt them as a data disc with Easy CD Creator and it was a no-go.

The .wma files play fine in Winamp. Car unit recognized the CD, but all there was was a single track with no audio.

I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

I think he dosent know what he is talking about. My money is he converted it into a wma and then burned it like a normal cd and his burning software coverited it back to "normal" cd format.

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

I think he dosent know what he is talking about. My money is he converted it into a wma and then burned it like a normal cd and his burning software coverited it back to "normal" cd format.

exactly what i thought

This Space For Rent

Hey guys,

I apologize for getting everybody excited because now I'll have to dissapoint you:( I used my dad's computer to do a conversion and he uses software that's custom build for his company Gibson Audio. What it does is it records everything in Wma but encodes it a CD audio files, so the head unit recognizes it as a regular CD, yet it has all the properties of Wma.

I ripped the CD without knowing it and had to call my father to clarify. Please don't flame me as I was just truying to help out. I suggest trying different conversion softwares, maybe you can find one that will do the trick as well. So for now I'll be the only lucky bastard playing the Wma's in my car.

Simon

Well I'm not that bad. How do I know that it was a Wma format? Because I fit 5 albums or about 50 songs on a CD and they were not in a 44kbp format, and the regular burned Cd is not capable of that.

What it does is it records everything in Wma but encodes it a CD audio files' date=' so the head unit recognizes it as a regular CD, yet it has all the properties of Wma.[/quote']

again, :iam:

This Space For Rent

Damned. Too good to be true.

But, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a way to access an MP3 feature. Doesn't the very similar head unit in the LLBean play MP3? Perhaps it was purposely "turned-off" on our units to differentiate the upper models? This has been true of many consumer electronics...

We can still hope someone stumbles upon a solution.

Yeah i dont think you get it bud. You arent playing wma at all. You are playign whatever one else is right now and thats regular cd audio format. It might have the sound properties of a wma but not the size of one and its not hard to keep that kind of quality with regual cd audio. Read up some online and i think you might understand how it all works.

Sully

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

Well I'm not that bad. How do I know that it was a Wma format? Because I fit 5 albums or about 50 songs on a CD and they were not in a 44kbp format' date=' and the regular burned Cd is not capable of that.[/quote']

why don't you upload the ISO image of said CD so we can verify your claim? or, if the size is too big, you can create a CD with just 1 or 2 WMA files, the ISO image will be very small that way.

:munch:

This Space For Rent

Do you know if the CD was using the Joliet file system, or do the filenames appear as filena~1.wma?

Also, what the disc using CDROM or CDROM XA?

I am about to go try an ISO9660 / CDROM disc now. BRB.

I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Archived