LegacyGT.com

More of a venting thread than a spotted one

Longitude

I hate to generalize, but there is no love amongst new school Subaru owners especially when it comes to sightings. Therefore old Impreza guys like me kinda stopped waving at people on the streets and such.

I was at a gas station yesterday in San Diego/Clairemont Mesa and saw beside me a silver Legacy GT wagon owner pumping gas, figured I say hi. I commented on his nice Legacy and asked him if he was on the forums.

Him: "Oh.. the legacygt dot.... NO." And that was it. Cold shoulder. O.K.

Was he an elitist who looked down on my beater Impreza wagon? Was he just simply not a friendly guy?

Anyhow, one more reason I can no longer put effort in making contact with another Subaru owner that I do not know.

Disgusted,

I hate to generalize, but there is no love amongst new school Subaru owners especially when it comes to sightings. Therefore old Impreza guys like me kinda stopped waving at people on the streets and such.

I was at a gas station yesterday in San Diego/Clairemont Mesa and saw beside me a silver Legacy GT wagon owner pumping gas, figured I say hi. I commented on his nice Legacy and asked him if he was on the forums.

Him: "Oh.. the legacygt dot.... NO." And that was it. Cold shoulder. O.K.

Was he an elitist who looked down on my beater Impreza wagon? Was he just simply not a friendly guy?

Anyhow, one more reason I can no longer put effort in making contact with another Subaru owner that I do not know.

Disgusted,

That sucked!! I would've said hello.. But you would've had to go a bitore north.. Carmel Mtn. area.. :icon_lol:

I had a dude filling up in front of me at a gas station in a previous generation legacy. He looked over my car, and I looked his way, but he never made a gesture to say hello, so I didn't either. I would have not minded talking to him, but felt weird doing it since he did not make the first move. I saw him checking out my car more as I left before him.

Oh well.

X

---

Well, if it would have been a hot woman, then yeah you know I would have. But did not feel like making an a-hole out of myself. I will take more chances with a hot woman any day though. :icon_bigg

"So, would you like to see my new uppipe I have under my hood?" :icon_bigg

Cheezy lines FTW!!!

X

---

Today I had a dude come up to me while I filled up my gas. He was on the other side of the pump, and he drove a Corolla XRS.

He comes over and asks me "Is that thing fast?"

And of course I respond. "Yes it it".

From there we got into a conversation about his car and the LGT. ANyway he sais he was going to trade his Corolla XRS for an Audi A3. I said get a Subaru, he said no. I wished him good luck and was on my way. He was a nice guy overall.

Nice to see that someone noticed my car!

X

---

It's so hit or miss. I still try to make the effort. Sometimes the oddest, most unassuming people will want to BS with you. There is a 03 Bugeye around me that is slammed with decals and modded. I thought this kid would be a dick but I said hello and whatnot and we had a nice conversation. Seen a dropped LGT wagon and I flashed the lights and gave a wave and got nothing.

I think this comes with the fact that Subaru's are becoming more popular among Jon Q Public owners and "t00nerZ." It's the price you pay. I would rather the car sell badly and have a loyal, friendly base than do well and become just another car.

In New England at least the traditional Subaru owner was more likely to be an ex-hippie than a car enthusiast. It was a counter-culture choice, considered an alternative to other status-driven brands.

But this custom has been dying a long slow death. I know BMW 2002 owners who complained that the "new" 3-series owners no longer acknowledged the fiercely-devoted 2002 owners at a time when any sedan was not "a real sports car". And the 320i was first sold here in the late 70's.

Just as flat fender Jeep owners look down on everyone else as not "real" Jeep oweners, if you look on this forum you'll see expressions of

owners of: / looking down on:

LGT sedan manual / LGT sedan automatic

LGT sedan automatic / LGT wagon owners

LGT wagon owners / Legacy or Outback owners

Outback XT owners / 2.5 or 3.0 owners

Everyone else / 2.5i owners

etc

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Today I had a dude come up to me while I filled up my gas. He was on the other side of the pump, and he drove a Corolla XRS.

He comes over and asks me "Is that thing fast?"

And of course I respond. "Yes it it".

From there we got into a conversation about his car and the LGT. ANyway he sais he was going to trade his Corolla XRS for an Audi A3. I said get a Subaru, he said no. I wished him good luck and was on my way. He was a nice guy overall.

Nice to see that someone noticed my car!

X

lol XRS is a joke :lol:

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Archived