LegacyGT.com

Worth Waiting? 06 vs 07

I am going to get a new car this year, and my first choice is the 06 spec b.

My question is does anyone think it is worth waiting until the 07s come out because it is probably only a few months away?

I think I'm going to end up getting the 06 anyway (it'll probably be cheaper), but it would be nice to compare it with the 07. The other thing is maybe with the 07s being out I could get a better deal on the 06.

However, in the NorthEast there is $2000 cash back on any Legacy GT (including the spec B), and that ends may 31st, 2006.

Any input would be appreciated. I'b be curios to know what you guys think.

'07 has 6 speed trans and SI drive.....something to consider.

6 speed....some love, will not add a lot to the car...better MPG on highway. Could be slower due to extra shift and additional weight.

SI drive might be cool, but don't know if it makes the car harder to mod.

Do some more research.

'07 has 6 speed trans and SI drive.....something to consider.

6 speed....some love, will not add a lot to the car...better MPG on highway. Could be slower due to extra shift and additional weight.

SI drive might be cool, but don't know if it makes the car harder to mod.

Do some more research.

I think the 6 spd is only in the spec B no?

I would personally wait for the 07 as the SI drive may be interesting, and I would wager they will make the car slighly faster.

Well, as someone who just took delivery yesterday of an '06 Spec.B (#64) in NY, I can tell you I'm not dissapointed.

The '07 will have 6-speed, SI-Drive, Blue suede seat inserts and not much else. Yes, I would love to have the 6-speed. The SI-Drive and seat changes are not important if you ask me.

But the biggest thing is the price drop with the rebate. I got mine for an invoice price of $32, 707 + tax minus $2,000 rebate. Great deal when it stickered for more than $35,000.

I highly doubt the '07s will be any cheaper then $35K and there is no way any rebates are coming anytime within the first few months of their release.

So is it worth it to wait? Not for me. I prefer to enjoy now and save a few thousand bucks.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

But the biggest thing is the price drop with the rebate. I got mine for an invoice price of $32, 707 + tax minus $2,000 rebate. Great deal when it stickered for more than $35,000.

I highly doubt the '07s will be any cheaper then $35K and there is no way any rebates are coming anytime within the first few months of their release.

So is it worth it to wait? Not for me. I prefer to enjoy now and save a few thousand bucks.

don't forget that your 06's resale value is also lower, even if it was manufactured the same day as an 07.

This Space For Rent

I've been debating getting an 06 or 07 for a while, I decided to wait for the 07 since I'll be able to actually see the difference between the 2 models and if the SI drive really will make a difference. Plus I figure the 06's will probably be cheaper once the 07's hit the lot if I decide to go that way.

The '07 will have 6-speed, SI-Drive, Blue suede seat inserts and not much else.

yep, not much else......

Vehicle Dynamics Control

Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Audio Input Jack

SRS WOW audio system

XM Satellite Radio capability

Torsen rear LSD

Memory Drivers Seat

60/40 split fold-down rear seat

is it worth the extra $$? won't know until we see some prices. $2k rebate off invoice for '06 is good price though. could do w/o the interior colors on both however.

agreed, but less HP stock than a toyota camry FTL...

250 doesnt sound so much anymore considering..They may run into the same issue of trouble selling them at near MSRP if the price is in the high 30s that they did with the 06s despite non-power related changes.

The current Legacys power is underrated, especially torque. Even if they increase the power for 07, they will state the same number to keep STI sales up, if they start saying the much nicer, more refined Legacy is making 275hp w/ a 6spd and sport suspension who needs the STI?

Many other manufacturers overstate the hp, really the number that is published has more to do with marketing than anything else.

That said, im hoping there will be a performance increase for the 07 even if the claimed hp doesnt go up.

You and I know this, but I think subaru is hoping to get more buyers than the 20 or so on here who might upgrade.

Perception is really important. If they are trying to get new customers for a performance sedan, it doesnt look good to have a rav4 with a higher HP number. In the case of toyota, those numbers are real. Check out how fast the new rav4 is 0-60. around in the 6 second range!

Regarding the Spec. B in particular, If you look at other special editions by other manufacturers, almost all have a higher HP than the reg version. Consumers seem to expect that.

I agree completely.

Then again subaru is more of a niche carmaker in terms of its performance vehicles and tend to get most business from reputation, referral and word of mouth. What will matter most for enthusiasts is the performance numbers.

So heres hoping that Subaru steps up the performance even if they keep it stealthy, hell last thing I want to see is as many LGTs on the road as camrys.

The current Legacys power is underrated, especially torque.

Many other manufacturers overstate the hp, really the number that is published has more to do with marketing than anything else.

um, i believe the latest figures are SAE certified, meaning an independent 3rd party must certify the results, i.e. NOT marketing dept.

• 2 weeks later...
don't forget that your 06's resale value is also lower, even if it was manufactured the same day as an 07.

I couldn't care less about resale value. I keep my cars for a long, long, time. I bought the care because it made me happy not because I was thinking how much I could get for it down the road.

:icon_idea

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

would be great if you could drive an 06 and 07 back to back to see the difference the 07 changes would make. That would be ideal I think. I like the 6 spd idea, but would they change the ratios, or would you get just a tall cruising gear. I am sure someone has said, but I missed it. Very curious overall.

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

• 2 weeks later...

how fast are the camry's these days?

my biggest thing about '07s vs '06's is the 60/40 split and the mp3. that allows me to now buy an upgraded stereo. and so forth. worth th emoney for a non-broken-into car.

(btw, i'm a noob i just observe all the time)

my biggest thing about '07s vs '06's is the 60/40 split and the mp3. that allows me to now buy an upgraded stereo. and so forth. worth th emoney for a non-broken-into car.

Oh no you didn't! You didn't just say you're thinking about rocking the Camry?

eeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

:icon_surp

'07 V6 Camry is a mid-high 14 car, not too shabby really. I like the V6 SE with the aero-kit, but you can't get it with mtx. The MSRP is only $24-25k for the V6 SE, add on options that are standard on the LGT and it's closer to $28k.

The price difference between '06 and '07, if you were to buy in July when '07 first comes out, will be about $4-5k. For that kind of money I think I can buy a 60gb ipod, get the aux-in mod, do Cobb stage II, get coil-overs, STS, anti-roll bars, RBS grill/front-rear spoilers and still have enough money left to buy my buddy beer and lunch when I borrow his truck. That's just me thou. ;)

can you get navi on a limited manual in '07

Nope. You can get that combo only on the Spec.B. :confused:

thats a def for '06. '07's still won't have that option?
The 2007 GT Limited can be ordered with the optional navigation system only when also equipped with the automatic transmission, but Subaru does throw in the Vehicle Dynamics Control system when you order the navi option.

Archived