LegacyGT.com

Accessory "Hood Protector"

sdgarber

I'd like to know if anyone has installed a Subaru "Hood Protector" on their 2005 Legacy or Outback. If so, did you install it yourself? Do you find this to be a worthwhile accessory, or just a gaudy add on that ruins the look of the car. I welcome your input. 8)

by hood protector do you mean the clear bras? or the paint protection....personally i think the paint protection things they put on are a waste of money! The clear bras, i don't know i have never used one....i would think there has to be some sort of long term effect on the paint or staying on....

[quote name='sdgarber']I'd like to know if anyone has installed a Subaru "Hood Protector" on their 2005 Legacy or Outback. If so, did you install it yourself? Do you find this to be a worthwhile accessory, or just a gaudy add on that ruins the look of the car. I welcome your input. 8)[/quote] Ask Jedi. He has one. 8)

Guest *Jedimaster*
Ask Jedi, he has o... Hey wait! That's me :lol: I have it and it's awesome- I have some pix of it on the board somewhere. The install is fairly easy, but time consuming, being that the instructions lack words- completely illustrated and the kid that drew the instructions with crayon didn't really make an effort to differentiate between what parts are what. If you get it and want some help putting it on, PM me- I'll give you my cell#. Wouldn't be the first time I walked someone through a mod over the phone :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest *Jedimaster*
Not much space there- if you loosen a few screws it's easy to clean under it. I've had no problems- just ran some soap under there, rinsed it and it was clean.

[quote name='RockBlocker'][quote name='Edvig']Thanks Jedi...I'm thinking of putting the Rock Blocker clear bra on my bumper and the hood protector on the hood. I'm only worried that the hood will get filthy under the hood protector.[/quote] Edvig, Did you get my response on prices?[/quote] Yup...I've been meaning to place my order, but haven't had the chance yet. :)

Archived