Creaky/Squeaky Seat

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

ok I am back from the dealer again since they said the plastic piece on the back of the seat was deformed. "In reality they broke it when they took the seat apart to install the frame." anyway they can't determine if the squeaky is tear and wear or defect so next month i need to go there again when a factory rep visit them.

one good thing is the dealer replaced the plastic cover with the one that has map pocket for the driver side.

DSC00216.thumb.jpg.5028a2bbaea2518ae3ecbd1aef374fcf.jpg

I had my LGT in a while back for a squeeky seet. It would drive me mad driving on my windy roads and it would sqeek in the lower right corner. I had it in 5 times for it and they finally got the aproval to replace the entire frame. After the new frame, all is good. 10K so far and no sqeeks. Also a note, the seet is 100% stiffer than before. When I got my LGT the drivers seet would seem to, not woble, but if I pushed on the right bolster, the seet back would tend to move more than the left and now after the fram was replaced, it is nice and solid. They did replace the rails once under a TSB (according to the service manager) and lubed the joints 3 times to no avail. They had to get aproval from the regional rep, but that wasn't hard.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I had it in 5 times for it and they finally got the aproval to replace the entire frame
Well for my sake I hope it goes easier than yours.

I have the same problem starting in mine,plus the r/f door panel speaker buzz.That it has been for 2 times at 2 different dealerships.But now that it is getting cold it is doing it consistenly.

It had wheel bearing replaced last month for a noise on the l/f wheel.A high pitch squeal.So far so good.

• 11 months later...
Has anyone fixed the squeaky seat without taking to to the dealer? I just hit 36,000 miles so I cant take it to the dealer. Its very annoying. Every time I move my body or go around a turn it squeaks. It sounds like its coming from the bottom back part of the seat. If anyone has any advice on how to fix it let me know, its making my nuts!

I am at 6K and the seat has been squeaking since 100 miles on the odometer. I just need to find some time to take the car in.

How is Subaru for loaner cars? Will I get one if I take it in for a recall plus a gamut of other warranty related things?

For loaner cars, it is compleatly different from dealer to dealer. The loaner is covered under the warranty.

For the seat squeek, mine has been gone for a long time. It just took them to replace the entire seet frame.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

For loaner cars, it is compleatly different from dealer to dealer. The loaner is covered under the warranty.

For the seat squeek, mine has been gone for a long time. It just took them to replace the entire seet frame.

Cool thanks! We just entered our 6-months of non stop rain and not having the car for a few days would just suck. It takes too long to gear up and ride the bike.

If you look at my location, you will see that I am all too familure with the PNW winters :). If you are in portland, I believe that the dealiers out there are pretty good about loaners. I know that RallyTek seems to work with one specific one more offten. You might give them a call. But the Bumper to bumper warranty does cover a loaner car while your car is in for warranty service, just might not be a subie that you would drive.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Funny this was just brought back. Mine goes in tomorow for the seat squeek. They believe it's coming from the lower seat. I got them to reproduce it when I took it in for my last oil change and they are fairly confident they know where it's coming from. I will post what I find out.

As for a loner car, they are giving my an Outback from what I was told on the phone today which is fine by me. My wife and I have owned three of them and love them to death. I like my LGT more though...

Good luck. If it is comming from where the seet back joins the seet bottom, then you might be in for a few trips though. That is where mine was comming from. The right side of the back was a little loose as well.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Good luck. If it is comming from where the seet back joins the seet bottom, then you might be in for a few trips though. That is where mine was comming from. The right side of the back was a little loose as well.

what did you do to fix it or did the dealer take care of it for you?

as stated above, they replaced the entire seet frame, seat and back. After that it has been rock solid (no movement at all) and no squeeking.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

• 2 months later...
I can post the parts list. I'm having mine repaired next weekend. They had to order the seat frame.

If you wouldn't mind posting a summary of the parts and costs related, that would be perfect. If you don't want to post that publicly, can you send me a PM?

my seat has been squeaking lately as well. I think it's coming from the back bottom section. Every time I move in it, or put pressure leaning back on the seat, it makes the squeaky noise. I'm gonna call the dealer up and see what they can do.

I think its a common problem with LGT's :)

The "fix" that I have found is to put the seat all the way down, front and back, for about a week and then you can put it back however you normally use it and it will stay away for a little while. It always comes back, but it helps to have a break from it sometimes.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

• 2 weeks later...
I had the car in today to get the seat fixed. However with Don Jacobs closing and transfering everything to Wilde Chrysler, they are in the middle of mass confusion and couldn't find the parts. I have to come back once things settle down. I will post the parts info after I get it back in.

• 2 weeks later...