LegacyGT.com

Hood swap

theNinja

[quote name='DAP']What is the point of the hood scoop without the intercooler?[/quote] There must be some other reason. We just have to figure out what it is... :? SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I have no problem doing a lot of cool things to a car. But when it gets to the point of like carbon hoods, neon lights and such, i can't stand it. IMO thats just a waste. I'd rather see a little more class. Usually most of the cars that have it are all show no go!

Guest *Jedimaster*
Didn't know there was a cf hood out yet :o I wish they'd left the OB hood alone except for the scoop- the standard OB hood has some nice looking ridges on it. And to answer the original question, no, the 05 hood won't fit an 02.

What I can understand is that a CF hood can save weight. (I don't think the difference is huge compared to our aluminum hoods) What I don't understand is why don't people that want the weight savings without the rice just have the CF painted! No one ever said you have to see the CF in order for it to work. If I ever get one, I'd paint it in a heartbeat to keep that sleeper look.

Only reason I would goto Carbon fibre parts is to reduce weight, but I dont think there is a real big difference between subaru's light weight alloy hoods and c/f ones... even if I got c/f I would sand it smooth and have it painted to match :)

As to the original question, if you want a hood scoop on your 02 GT, you can use the Turbo Baja's hood. And then you can get the Gravel Sports air intake and tell everyone that questions you about the scoop to STFU :)

If I were going rice, and I wouldn't do that... CF hood and scoop, with sides painted body color (center of the hood from windsheild to grille would stay CF. I would paint the roof of the car, between the rain rails a carbon dark gray/black, and the bottom part of the rear of the trunk as well. Of course the obligatory ugly overstated wheels and body kit, and decals everywhere, and more weight in stereo equipment than in the engine. but that's not me, so no thanks.

Archived