LegacyGT.com

Clutch Replacement Poll

Whitestar Pilot

How long has did your Legacy GT clutch hold up?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. How long has did your Legacy GT clutch hold up?

• Less than 15,000 miles before replacement
    • 15,000-30,000 miles when replaced
    • 30,000-50,000 miles when replaced
    • Mine's got between 10,000-50,000 miles, and is still fine
    • Mine's got between 50,000-75,000 miles, and is still fine
    • Swear ta me!

So with all-wheel-drive and turbo, how well does the clutch in a Legacy GT hold up?

Only respond if you own an '05 or newer Legacy GT 5MT. If you have mods/off-road activities you participate in with the LGT, then feel free to eloborate on how well the clutch did or did not work with them.

--

Okay, if you don't own a 5MT, the poll has one more option. ;)

11,000 miles on mine been stg 2 for close to 9,500 mile. As far as off-road.... Well, lets just say there is alot of dirt roads around here, and the car dosen't even fell like it slips when i launch.

22k miles, my clutch just resently started slipping. Been Stage 2+ (Protune) since 8K miles.

But, I had one very bad launch at an Autox, slipped way to much. Followed by the next weekend having one of my buddies do the same thing. So...... If you baby the clutch, it will have a long life, but we know that. :)

FYI, I have a clutch and flywheel on order.

05 - UP/DP/40T/FMIC/CBE - 35k miles on the stock clutch no problems at all with it, I drove pretty hard. Sold it....got an 06

06 - UP/DP/CBE/18G/TMIC ect... 4k miles, dealer blew my clutch.....WTF

I assume the clutch would've lasted me if the bozo's didn't fry it, but who really knows....so I have a new clutch at 4k miles

2k miles - sr40 w/alky & supporting mods

6k miles - Sti swap vf39 (basically stg2 Sti hp)

24k miles - Stg1.5T PDX AP map

6k miles - Stg1 Ap

10k miles - Stock

So far the clutch is handling the 337whp/361trq from my current setup, and I will be watching to see if/when I may need to upgrade.

I'm about 17K miles ( if I remember correctly? :lol: ).

Been "Stage II" since last September. Probably around 7K miles total.

I launch - albeit only moderately - about twice a week. Slipped, from around 3 to 4K. I never "back-to-back" any launch runs.

No problems to-note so far.

I only get clutch-stink if I perform the same launches from 5K+ RPM.

To-note is that Winky was not only an early-build '05, but also was a demo before I got her, at around 6K miles.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Car is basically stock. Only got clutch stink once when I did a mid rpm semi-launch. Isn't there some evidence that Subaru did a running change during MY05. Post up your build date and maybe we can determine when the switch over took place. Does anyone know specifically what change was made?11/04 build

Seems pretty obvious. With any AWD car, the clutch will go before the tires spin or the AWD gives. If you want your clutch to last, don't launch it.

It's funny to read about all these guys with Evos and how Mitsu stopped covering the clutches. These punks spoiled it for the people who take care of their cars. They launch these things at every stop to try and look cool and wonder why their clutches are going out at 10k miles.

My clutch has been amazing. It has 22,500 miles on it.

I have made at LEAST 135 quarter mile runs on it, very hard launches too. It's still the same as the day it was new. I have had a few "stinky" incidents with it, but it's holding up.

Actually, it squeaks when I depress the pedal. It's done this since 3 or 4000 miles. The squeek is out under the hood, I don't hear it much, so I have been blowing it off.

Archived