LegacyGT.com

spark plugs and oil

Epik

i dont know if this is the right place, so here goes....ive been working on cars and trucks for about 9 years now, and my question is,. . . .should there be some oil in the hole with the spark plugs? or is this a seal/pulg problem and needs to get fized. i was told some oil will be ok, but on the S-10 im bulding ive never encountered this. this is the first suby 2001 LGT ive dealt with so please any help/suggestions will help me out, sorry foe the book but i dont kow how else to explain it with out more detalil, ill give you more if you need it to anwser this question...thank you all in advance

****, so if i do the seals over there should be a better seal? thank you much Rao

Could be. There are seals in the valve covers at the plug openings. If those are bad you will get oil in the plug wells. That is the least expensive, least bad explanation for oil in the plug wells.

• 4 years later...

sorry to bring this old thread up but I'm having the same problem.

I recently bought an 02 legacy gt wgn with 122000 and while doing the tune-up i found oil in the spark plugs.

Can anyone direct me to a link with the walk through for changing the valve gaskets?

thanks in advance.

Archived