LegacyGT.com

Ticking sound from the front driver door/panel

I have a 2005 LGT and at about 12K i started having a ticking sound comming from the front driver door/tweeter area. I can't really tell what it is or where it comes from but all i know is that is very suddle, i can't really hear it with music..but sometimes i can. Its like a vibration that ticks. I've taken it to the dealer a couple times for oil changes and had them look at it and they say they can't hear it. They got to the point of saying that "the sales rep drove the car, the manager drove the car, the mechanic drove the car and the regional manager drove the car and no one heard anything".

My solution is to put a sock between the console and the door and it usually gets rid of the problem, but i'd like to avoid driving around with a sock between my door/panel for ever. I've kinda gotten used to it and doesn't bug me all the time but sometimes i just wish i hadn't bought this car. :( I drove with the service dept techician and i kept on pointing it out every time i heard it and he kept on saying he wasn't hearing jack $h!T!

Has anyone had a similar problem? Any suggestion on a fix. I'm going to be putting some rubber pads like the ones you put under chairs so they don't scratch the floor if i don't find a solution, but all suggestions are welcome.

I fix the problem by putting my thumb between the door and the panel, but don't really want to drive around with my thumb there either.

The guys at the dealer don't know what it is, and so to not have to worry about it, they say they can't even hear it and say they put padding...

Blah!

I have a 2005 LGT and at about 12K i started having a ticking sound comming from the front driver door/tweeter area. I can't really tell what it is or where it comes from but all i know is that is very suddle, i can't really hear it with music..but sometimes i can. Its like a vibration that ticks. I've taken it to the dealer a couple times for oil changes and had them look at it and they say they can't hear it. They got to the point of saying that "the sales rep drove the car, the manager drove the car, the mechanic drove the car and the regional manager drove the car and no one heard anything".

My solution is to put a sock between the console and the door and it usually gets rid of the problem, but i'd like to avoid driving around with a sock between my door/panel for ever. I've kinda gotten used to it and doesn't bug me all the time but sometimes i just wish i hadn't bought this car. :( I drove with the service dept techician and i kept on pointing it out every time i heard it and he kept on saying he wasn't hearing jack $h!T!

Has anyone had a similar problem? Any suggestion on a fix. I'm going to be putting some rubber pads like the ones you put under chairs so they don't scratch the floor if i don't find a solution, but all suggestions are welcome.

I fix the problem by putting my thumb between the door and the panel, but don't really want to drive around with my thumb there either.

The guys at the dealer don't know what it is, and so to not have to worry about it, they say they can't even hear it and say they put padding...

Blah!

you described my problem better than I could :D....it could be the issue with the panel between the driver's side door and the dash (on the dash)...there's a thread on it...I'll try to find it :) (I gotta do this "mod" :lol: )

In Taiwan now...:spin:

I have the same sound too. I also have a rattle when the car is cold on the top of the drivers side dash in that little vent. I tried spraying some dash cleaner where I thought the creak was coming from, seemed to work for a while (week or so). Till it gets cold again.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

I'm thinking a lot of the cars interior plastic/vinyl are very tight fit or something and causing a lot of creaking, rattling, ticking, etc noise...I hear it but have almost giving up on trying to find where the sound is coming from, especially when most of the time I hear the noise at highway speed or accelerating.
In Taiwan now...:spin:

im having a similar problem as well, come to think of it, they wont replace a whole new dashboard console, for a small vibration/rattling sound. I did what i had to, they couldn't find what's causing it..... i heard there's a loose nut bolt or pin but not exactly sure .... mine isn't as loud as before now.. goodluck

Archived