LegacyGT.com

What do You Guys Think About this 2006 Legacy 2.5 GT LTD Deal?

M_A_C

Call/email Flatirons, they quoted me $26k for the automatic. They are in Boulder so it's a bit far for you but if price is right... If you don't mind me asking what are you trading in and how much did they offer for it?

I'm trading in a '02 Tahoe Z71. On KBB the trade-in value is, I believe $17,995 with my options, and they offered me $16,000.

M_A_C, I, too got a similar quote through the Internet. Here's the exact numbers for a 2006 Red LGT Wagon w/auto-dimming mirror, sub/amp, etc:

MSRP: 32,056

Dealer Price: $28,588

My price after rebates: $26,588

On top of this, I then wanted to trade in my Lexus GX470 in order to get the tax break. In this case, the Lexus is worth more than the LGT, so I would pay 0 tax, which is pretty huge ($2500 or so). Unfortunately, though, like you they want to give me jack squat. Per NADA with 26k miles and all my features, the AVERAGE trade-in value is 39.5k, but they tried to offer 33k. After I scoffed, they said 35k, but that's still nowhere near its trade-in value. The retail value is over 42k, so I said hell no.

M_A_C, I, too got a similar quote through the Internet. Here's the exact numbers for a 2006 Red LGT Wagon w/auto-dimming mirror, sub/amp, etc:

MSRP: 32,056

Dealer Price: $28,588

My price after rebates: $26,588

On top of this, I then wanted to trade in my Lexus GX470 in order to get the tax break. In this case, the Lexus is worth more than the LGT, so I would pay 0 tax, which is pretty huge ($2500 or so). Unfortunately, though, like you they want to give me jack squat. Per NADA with 26k miles and all my features, the AVERAGE trade-in value is 39.5k, but they tried to offer 33k. After I scoffed, they said 35k, but that's still nowhere near its trade-in value. The retail value is over 42k, so I said hell no.

Have you checked to see what Pueblo will offer you for the trade-in?

I just picked up an '06 Silver LGT 5-spd manual sedan from Heuburger yesterday for $24,609 + tax. They gave me $9300 for my '00 Celica GT-S. I was hoping to get between $9.5k to 10k so I thought that was close enough. They pull out all the tricks in the book on the trade-in value. Their first offer for the Celica was $5900! If any of you guys are buying from Heuburger I would check their numbers carefully before signing anything. Let's just say they like to play "numbers" game...

I basically just told them to give me their best offer and I will talk to other dealers to see which one gives me the best bottom line price. They keep asking me how much I want for my trade-in and I keep telling them I don't know. They did have the best price for the LGT so I told them that if I can't get a good price for the Celica I will just come back and buy the car from them without the trade in. A dealer makes most of their money from used cars so they WANT your trade-ins. Also get your financing ready before going in. I got 5.24% for 60 months from Pentagon Federal Credit Union and they just sent me a blank check to fill in. The other thing is both you and Warrtalon have a SUV for trade-ins and I don’t know how well they are selling right now with the gas price. You might want to sell it yourself to see how much you can get for it.

How would I check to make sure it's not wind damaged? Just ask them?

Yup - you just ask them - they have to disclose it. People (like me) have been scoring some great deals on these so-called "wind damaged' cars. After 30 days of driving a brand new "pristine" car will have just as much "damage" as one of the these.

Yup - you just ask them - they have to disclose it. People (like me) have been scoring some great deals on these so-called "wind damaged' cars. After 30 days of driving a brand new "pristine" car will have just as much "damage" as one of the these.

Just an oblique note on "wind damaged" cars !

A show here in Canada revisited some used car dealers in British Columbia , where sev eral dealers were known to be bad actors.

They pretended to be in the market for a used '05 or '06 Legacy Sedan that was on one lot. The dealer -- and a sign in the window -- noted that the car had been in a "not too serious" accident.

That's when the show's experts started to take a real close look at the car. It turned out the car was a composite of two Subaru's that had been totaled. The "boys in the back room" had rejoined to good halves to make a car!

Just an oblique note on "wind damaged" cars !

A show here in Canada revisited some used car dealers in British Columbia , where sev eral dealers were known to be bad actors.

They pretended to be in the market for a used '05 or '06 Legacy Sedan that was on one lot. The dealer -- and a sign in the window -- noted that the car had been in a "not too serious" accident.

That's when the show's experts started to take a real close look at the car. It turned out the car was a composite of two Subaru's that had been totaled. The "boys in the back room" had rejoined to good halves to make a car!

In the U.S. that is legal from state to state (Iowa it is, Indiana its not) but regardless it will have a salvage title on it so the consumer will know.

Archived