LegacyGT.com

What do You Guys Think About this 2006 Legacy 2.5 GT LTD Deal?

M_A_C

I was offered this deal from my local dealer here in Colorado Springs.

2006 Legacy 2.5 GT LTD

5 speed automatic transmission

All standard features included plus: subwoofer/amp, auto dim mirror/compass homelink, center armrest extension, rocker panel trim

Retail cost: $31,725.00

Dealer cost: $27,655.00

Your cost: $25,655.00+ tax, subject to availability, after rebates/incentives, or choose rates as low as 0% in lieu of rebates/ incentives.

Seems pretty good. I'm going to see if they will throw in the spolier, and maybe the nav system. Can the Nav play regular DVDs aswell?

That's a really good deal if it's a new car. $25,655 is about $3500 below the published invoice. Even taken into account the $1500 rebate and ~$1000 dealer holdback I don't know how the dealer is making any mondey. Is this Heuberger? I'm in Castle Rock and I'm also looking into getting a LGT. BTW, I really don't think they will throw in the Nav, it's a $1800 option. You might try asking for floor mat and lock nuts, those are cheaper.

How would I check to make sure it's not wind damaged? Just ask them?

i think they would have to reveal this to you as the car does not come with a complete warranty and I am not sure but I think I also read somewhere that the car doesn't come with a new title.

That is indeed a great price in my experience.

From what I've read, when a car gets damaged, they somehow have to sell it for very cheap. I THINK it's something like the cost of the car minus the cost of the damage, AND they have to fix it. I'm shady on the details (obviously), but I know around here the mechanics will grab a car like that before anyone else can get their hands on it.

Make sure you'll be happy with an automatic transmission. I don't know your preference, but just make sure that a year down the road you won't think to yourself "I should have gotten a stick."

That's pretty damn good for an 06!

BTW, I really don't think they will throw in the Nav, it's a $1800 option. You might try asking for floor mat and lock nuts, those are cheaper.

Also you can't add Nav to a car it has to come from the factory with it. See if you can get the Air filter installed, rubber floor mats, lug nuts should be easy (they're < $20 to the dealer).

This is just a fine deal. Taken into account the $1500 customer rebate, it's a $500 under invoice. Shop around as some dealers might offer as much as $1000 under invoice considered that the 2007 models will be hitting the lots in less than 2 months with some nice upgrades (ipod connection & SI Drive)

I would rather take the advantage of the knock-down price. I just took delivery of a 06 GT Limited wagon with $1200 under invoice & the $1500 rebate plus extra options at cost with free installation.:lol:

Really? the '07s are coming that soon? I might have to wait for one of them then!

MAC, what was your final decision? I'm in the Springs and am about to buy an 06 LGT Wagon, but I haven't begun my negotiations with Heuberger, Pueblo, and Elway. If Heuberger is giving deals like this, I'll most likely be buying from them very soon.

Also, do you have any affiliation with MAC Autosports, or is that just a random name?

I'm still looking around. Heuberger didn't offer me a very good trade-in value, and I'm pretty impressed with the Audi A3. I'm going to see what kind of deal I can get on that before I decide.

No affiliation with MAC Autosports, M_A_C is just my internet thing-a-ma-jig.

Call/email Flatirons, they quoted me $26k for the automatic. They are in Boulder so it's a bit far for you but if price is right... If you don't mind me asking what are you trading in and how much did they offer for it?

Hey, M_A_C, I found a new, Black LGT Wagon at Subaru of Pueblo, so I put in a quote request like you did at Heuberger. The response was very similar to yours:

Invoice: $27,274

My Price: $25,274 ($2000 off invoice from the dealer, not including a cash incentive)

I then asked why the $1500 cash back doesn't apply only to find out the bad news, which was that it was an 05. In his email back to me, it said 06, but that's why there is no cashback incentive, and that's why the price was so good. Too bad, because it is the color we want with the added accessories we want (mirror dimmer + amp/sub). Interestingly, though, your final quite with the cashback is basically the same for a new 06, so I see no reason for me to settle for that price on a new 05. The Wagon may retail a little bit higher, but that's not worth an extra year of depreciation.

I'm still waiting on Heuberger to respond to my inquiry about their 06 LGT Wagon, but unfortunately it's red...

Are you the same Warrtalon of Warrtalon-Buschur fame on Evom? Didn't even register with me until I saw your avatar.

$25k is way too much for left over '05, unless you really want a 5-spd wagon.

Are you the same Warrtalon of Warrtalon-Buschur fame on Evom? Didn't even register with me until I saw your avatar.

$25k is way too much for left over '05, unless you really want a 5-spd wagon.

Yeah, that's me.

I agree on the 05 sentiment, and this 05 Wagon isn't even the 5spd. I know that technically the auto is more expensive, but the only reason I have for getting an 05 is to get a 5spd Wagon, because that's what my wife prefers. She has been driving our automatic Lexus SUV for 2 years and was excited with the prospect of maybe having a sporty 5spd wagon only to find out that the 06 didn't offer that option! Ah well, it's still a great wagon for the price.

Archived