LegacyGT.com

techna stainless steel lines and carbotech bobcats

tomtom78

Today I got my Techna fit stainless steel brake lines installed along with Carbotech Bobcat brake pads (front&rear). When I broke them in they started feeling weird like almost grinding but maybe that was because it was breaking in. After accelerating and deccelrating firmly a few times and driving around a tiny bit they felt awesome, great stopping power now. The difference in the brakes is night and day. I hardly have to push down the brake pedal to get a firm stop which is nice. kinda sucked having to almost stand on the brake pedal to stop from a high rate of speed. I am extremely pleased.

I just now have to try them out in the wet, hopefully I don't experience any of the problems I have read on the forums (which was probably only a few people). Hopefully my rotors will hold up fine to the more aggressive brake pads.

I'm glad that I now have better stopping power which I needed with stage 2.

Tom

I also have that set up Bobcats w/SS lines and Motoul fluid but waiting for stocker to finish wearing and saving for the Carbo disks sloted. I did that set up on my 03 Impreza and it was sweet. After breakin use the breakes hard the hotter they get the better they work! After the stoping they we smoking but very grabby. Like the wife going after my money.

I am saving but needing a clutch, home to buy, and baby on the way. Poor me I am now one of thoose family men but still not gettin a mini van or the tribecca unless it would be a STI with H-6 turbo 6 speed manual.

At first with the new set up untill about the first 100 were on it. Also took a file and did some light filling along edges and did that with all cars I had no problems there. It just helps with seeting it and gettin ride of the brake dust.

Never had a issue with Squeal....installed the new rotors @ the same time though.

Iamboon installed Bobcats F&R on his stock rotors & they did squeal for a while....all is fine now though:)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived