LegacyGT.com

Rear Windshield wiper

zrl

I think it is functional, especially in Japan where they get some horrific typhoons but very little snow (northern prefectures excepted of course). I find it hard to imagine this single wiper being used to clear heavy snow, just because of the mount/location and the expanse of the sweep. But... that said, I think it's cool even if it doesn't work with snow. BTW - does the rear wiper (on the JDM Sedan and Wagon) also have the de-icer at the wiper park position? What about the USDM Wagon? Doubt that it does but thought I'd ask. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I have a '96 GT, thinking to get the '05 Turbo LMT. I've always wanted a rear wiper to clear the dust off the rear windshield, during foggy/raining days/nights, especially in the early morning when the car was parked outside. (I don't clean my car as often as I used to.) I also think it look much nicer with the wiper on the back.

[quote name='agctr']Once you are out of the traffic and on the HWY, there is no real need for the rear wiper. Once you get going, the water quickly moves off especially if u have RainX applied :D Adam.[/quote] Rain-X is like crack for windows. I'll never use it!!!111 I usually just wax my windows for a similar effect that doesn't leave grime if you don't re-apply.... :lol:

It sucks subaru takes off the wiper on USDM cars, I really could use it. Mitsubishi keeps it on their EVO, why can't subaru keep it :( Anyways for the front, PIAA wipers are amazing, they really work as stated, I had them on my WRX and will get them eventually for the LGT.

[quote name='agctr']Ahh Rain-X is all good, if it aint broke, dont change it. Unsure why they dont sell this as a World Wide option kanoswrx. NEVER seen an EVO over this side of the world (Pacific Rim) with a rear wiper. Adam.[/quote] You won't change it because you CAN'T. If you stop using rain-x it develops a nasty grimey film that doesn't come off for weeks. That is, you're forced to buy more Rain-x, hence, it is window crack! :lol:

[quote name='agctr']Really, I have to admit Drift, I have never experienced that ever, no really never. But believe you. Might this have to do with using wax and RainX togehter, is that a possibility??? Adam.[/quote] Well, have you ever used Rain-X and then stop? Try it. As for wax AND rain-x...I wouldn't see a point. Just one or the other is fine and dandy.

Actually, one of the few products that remove Rain-X is Rain-X brand window cleaner (go figure). When my windshield starts doing that streaky thing, I remove all the Rain-X using their cleaner and then reapply a fresh coat. I've found that works best in preventing the wiper buildup. Ken

[quote name='Ken S']Actually, one of the few products that remove Rain-X is Rain-X brand window cleaner (go figure). When my windshield starts doing that streaky thing, I remove all the Rain-X using their cleaner and then reapply a fresh coat. I've found that works best in preventing the wiper buildup. Ken[/quote] In that case, I'm sure Stoner's Invisible Glass should do the trick...

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='agctr']Ahh Rain-X is all good, if it aint broke, dont change it. Unsure why they dont sell this as a World Wide option kanoswrx. NEVER seen an EVO over this side of the world (Pacific Rim) with a rear wiper. Adam.[/quote] You won't change it because you CAN'T. If you stop using rain-x it develops a nasty grimey film that doesn't come off for weeks. That is, you're forced to buy more Rain-x, hence, it is window crack! :lol:[/quote] Run your wipers on full speed for ~5 minutes.. that's it.. It also happens really quickly if you happen to park under a maple tree when it's raining out. No big deal.

I use the Rain-X that you add to the wiper reservoir. It works great and I haven't had any filmy problems whatsoever. Rain will literally stream off your windshield to the point you won't have to use the wipers, in most non-extreme circumstances. I swear by it.

[quote name='brad21']I use the Rain-X that you add to the wiper reservoir. It works great and I haven't had any filmy problems whatsoever. Rain will literally stream off your windshield to the point you won't have to use the wipers, in most non-extreme circumstances. I swear by it.[/quote] It coats everything with rain-x residue.. I don't remember of the lines are visible in the GT, but in my old car all the wiper lines became bright pink, and stayed that way even going back to regular.. I can't imagine that's very good, especially for the paint.

[quote name='Deer Killer'][quote name='brad21']I use the Rain-X that you add to the wiper reservoir. It works great and I haven't had any filmy problems whatsoever. Rain will literally stream off your windshield to the point you won't have to use the wipers, in most non-extreme circumstances. I swear by it.[/quote] It coats everything with rain-x residue.. I don't remember of the lines are visible in the GT, but in my old car all the wiper lines became bright pink, and stayed that way even going back to regular.. I can't imagine that's very good, especially for the paint.[/quote] Not me. No pink. What do you mean by "wiper lines" ?

i used to use rain x. it works great. but like anything. clean it off before re applying. i currently jsut wax the window while i am waxing the car. i ahve the wax and cloths right there. why spend more on another product that will mess up the car if spilled on the paint? and that will mess up your rad if not washed right away. so i jsut wax the windows along with the rest of the car.

[quote name='brad21'][quote name='Deer Killer'][quote name='brad21']I use the Rain-X that you add to the wiper reservoir. It works great and I haven't had any filmy problems whatsoever. Rain will literally stream off your windshield to the point you won't have to use the wipers, in most non-extreme circumstances. I swear by it.[/quote] It coats everything with rain-x residue.. I don't remember of the lines are visible in the GT, but in my old car all the wiper lines became bright pink, and stayed that way even going back to regular.. I can't imagine that's very good, especially for the paint.[/quote] Not me. No pink. What do you mean by "wiper lines" ?[/quote] The feed lines from the washer pump.. They may not be translucent like my last car either.

[quote name='meier motor sports']i used to use rain x. it works great. but like anything. clean it off before re applying. i currently jsut wax the window while i am waxing the car. i ahve the wax and cloths right there. why spend more on another product that will mess up the car if spilled on the paint? and that will mess up your rad if not washed right away. so i jsut wax the windows along with the rest of the car.[/quote] Yup, wax does a good job, it just fades easily.

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/423426/subaru_legacy_3702.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/423426/subaru_legacy_b4_8080.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/423426/subaru_legacy_gt_01.jpg[/img]

Archived