LegacyGT.com

New Wall of Weird Contender

hal9e3

So, I go to Mayfest in Fort Worth. Think generic outdoor festival by the lake/river/whatever with arts and crafts, entertainment and food (mmm, funnel cake). Anyway, I'm cheap so I park on some side streets past the pay parking. Return to my car after my daughter has finished performing and start to drive off. Immediately I notice the car thunking like it's running over something every revolution of the wheel. I assume I've got a flat tire so I stop to take a look. When I get around to the right front wheel I see that a HUGE piece of road tar has stuck to the tire. I guess the car pulled it up off the road. It's really stuck on there I start going at it with a screwidriver, then the lug wrench. After about 30 minutes I finally get the bulk of it off, to the point where the car is driveable. However, there's still tar stuck in the grooves. Unbelievable! But wait, there's more. Check out this post for the rest of the saga:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=586346#post586346

• 2 weeks later...
Just to update. I contacted Tire Rack to see if my Road Hazard coverage would take care of getting the tar out of the tread. They first told me no, but the next day someone called me and wanted to get pics for the tech guys. I went out last weekend to snap some shots but I guess the combination of high freeway speeds and high tire temperatures slung practically all of the tar out of the grooves. Works for me. BTW I've found that Tire Rack is very willing to step up and take care of their customers IF you're persistent. Sometimes it will take more than one phone call but they almost always come thru. Highly recommended.

Glad to hear that the problem sort of resolved itself...

And that Tirerack.com was willing to help out instead of slam the phone down.

Customer Service is everything.

TireRack FTW

...did I just write that? I got to get off the intronets more often...

Did you have a problem with TR? BTW I should point out that they're not perfect. Specifically I'm thinking about their Recommended Installer Program which, after two bad experiences, I don't bother using anymore. One installer scratched all of my wheels and I had to sue them to get them to pay for the damages and the other told me they couldn't do my 16s even tho their RI page said they could handle 18s. Course, they didn't figure this out until they had scratched one of the wheels. Funny, my feedback for those two ^$&*#(^@$ never made it onto TR's Web site.

Archived