LegacyGT.com

Pillar gauge pods?

Are there any pillar gauge pods available for LGT? Down the road I'd like to install a turbo boost gauge, and would prefer it on the pillar rather than elsewhere.

I thought about getting one custom made... I thought about buying a "bolt on" pillar mount and taking the stock pillar and that to an interior shop here in town... tell them to mount it then upholster it in matching cloth.

Maybe a little pricey for most people's taste, but when you want it done your way, and RIGHT(!)... it may cost.

Jeff

The reason why no one has done this yet is we have Airbags that deploy outta our pillars....if the bags go off it could knock you out cold ;)

So IF you do, make sure you disable the air bags over there (if it's possible)

The reason why no one has done this yet is we have Airbags that deploy outta our pillars....if the bags go off it could knock you out cold ;)

So IF you do, make sure you disable the air bags over there (if it's possible)

Dumb me :confused: I didn't realize that. I am picking up my Subbie this Saturday, didn't have time yet to look carefully around it inside...

Guest *Jedimaster*
I think mweiner just put a screw in a mounting bracket and put it in the pillar.

^ +1 - there are several post-crash photos floating around here on the Forums that confirms the high-up location of the front curtain bags.

As long as you keep things down-low, current consensus is that you should be just fine.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived