LegacyGT.com

Invoice pricing for '05 Legacy's?

fatbastard

Does anyone know where I can find the invoice/MSR prices for 05's? I am currently trying to locate an 05 and if I go with a sedan I figure the 06 pricing will be fairly close, but I am also looking at a MT wagon and I am not sure what they were going for. I looked around Edmunds and KBB but it onlys lists for 06 that I can see.

if i'm not mistaken, a stock 05 LGT invoice was like $24,000. my 05 LGT comes with options like spolier; sub; mirror; alarm; all weather mats.

MSRP of mine was $27600. i paid $21900 after 2500 rebate and 1000 cash hold back a week ago. if you divide 1000 cash hold back by 0.04 which is the hold back rate, i guess the dealer invoice was right on $25000.

i think dealer made $400 on me, but everyone on fourm was telling me run don't walk to get this deal . after i drove the car for about a week, feel so good about this car that i don't mind dealer made a $400 profit on me anymore, they are running a business, they are not a charity.

bottom line is that you could get the car for around $21500. if you live around NYC area, there is a blue 05 LGT manual still in stock at Star Subaru located in Bayside Queens, with spolior and sub.

:icon_bigg Perfect, that is exactly what I needed. Based on the info there the dealer cost would be $24,689 after 4% holdback and $2500 rebate. I was quoted $25490, so they are trying to make $800 bucks on the sale. To me this seems a bit high, especially since I don't know how many miles are on it. I know it is new but based on posts on the forum I could probably get more holdback on an 06 sedan. What do you think would be a reasonable price providing it is in new condition?

Thanks again!

Use Edmunds used car calculator and price an '05 with 100 miles, excellent condition and go from there. It is almost time for the '07s to come out (July) so an '05 is almost two model years old. They gotta be desparate to unload it. Also go over it with a fine tooth comb in bright daylight as it has had a lot of time to acquire a lot of damage from the lot jockeys (dings, stratches, etc.).
It is still ugly.

OK, last night I test drove an 05 MT LGT LTD Wagon with mirror, perimeter alarm, trunk tray and cargo net that had around 60 miles on it. I really liked the extra space of the wagon and am considering pulling the trigger...I think the price they gave me was pretty good...just under $25K after the $2500 rebate but I am concerned about a pronounced front end shake when I hit the brakes moderately. They tried to tell me it was rusty rotors but I didn't hear any grinding. Do you think it could have been the rotors? If not what else could have caused the wobble in only 60 miles? I am just concerned they will "fix" the wobble only to have it return shortly there after.

Sounds like "lot-rot" to me. The cars sit around and the rotors do rust, a couple of good stops and it should be gone... that said, we had a new Acura TSX that had is so bad the rotors warped. Either way, its part of the new car depts cost of doing business. Unless you are getting a deal that is so far into holdback that they cannot pay their techs to do the work :lol:

Archived