LegacyGT.com

Possible to add non-US Factory Subaru NAV system?

I've never used/had DVD nav so I have a hard time seeing the value of the feature. However, I also realize that I thought XM radio was stupid until I tried it now you'd have to pry it out of my cold dead fingers! Can someone enlighten me on why Nav is so great? I always seem to know where I'm going and I don't really travel (driving) very often. Do I need Nav? -Allen

I do a good number of road trips to new areas. Being in the sf bay area, there are just tons of things just around the bend, tahoe, vegas, la, napa, yosemite. I hate have to print directions every time and I like the idea of being able to explore those new areas without the fear of getting lost (or more to the point, have the woman upset that Im lost). It's certainly not something Id use daily.

No offence meant here but Navigation system is kool and all things but at a premium of $1500-2500 I much rather have a map. Stop on the side of the road enjoy the view look at the map and decide where you want to go. You can have a ton of very detailed California maps for a fraction of the cost of the navigation system. And if you guys like the female voice giving you directions I am fine I already have my wife doing that :lol: Cheers Nick

[quote name='nyoneway']You can actually add a computer - a Car PC, 8" screen, GPS Navigation, MP3 player, etc for around the price of a factory naviagation. But then nothing beats the factory look. If Its not a factory option, I will go the custom route and get more.[/quote]Ive looked, Alpine's base unit (no screen) starts at 1500! Most Nav systems from the factory add only $2k to the price. Very inline with aftermarket with 100% fit and finish. Im not sure what you mean by 'Car PC' but if its Microsoft, Im not going anywhere near it. :)

Archived