LegacyGT.com

How can you find out if your car was repaired prior to delivery?

SubiGT

I have this nagging question in my mind.

After reading a few posts of LGT owners who had transmissions replaced due to bad bearings, I would like to find out if mine was repaired before I took new car delivery from the dealer. I ask this because of a note on the paper key tag that the dealers keys were on when they delivered the car to me. The handwritten note said "Trans Damage", and was on a well used paper tag marked "Service", with my car's VIN and stock numbers on it. Would there be any record of this, and if so, should that have been disclosed? I would never think to ask about damage history on a sold as new car with 43 miles on the clock. BTW, this is a 2005 model (build date 01/05) purchased well into the 2006 model year (01/06).

I hesitate to ask the dealer this, as these guys would sell a Certified Pre-Owned Yugo to their own mother. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Those transport truck guys are rough crashing through bumps in the road. Even the ones that drive the cars off the docks and to the dealerships with the white plastic still on look a little too aggressive when I see them driving weaving in and out of traffic with the transport plate swishing against the paint.

I think it would require a state law to force them to reveal repaired damage prepurchase. The big3 will certainly stop that from happening.

Stop by another dealership (or call SOA) and ask for a detailed repair history for your vehicle. Other than inconvenience, they have no reason not to provide it. If you go to a competing dealer, make the request in conjunction with an oil change (or something).

Archived