LegacyGT.com

Disappointing C&D Issue

I thought that Renault owns 100% of Nissan or at the very least controling share. The lack of coverage of the Legacy doesn't surprise me at all. Maybe it will have to be like the FXT and sneak up on them once it's out. A performance pack would be great to add some extra punch and attention in this first introductory year. Subaru REALLY needs a knock out punch. We know that it is supposed to be a great car, but there are no guarantees.

Wait til they get their versions and they won't be able to keep their hands off. Lets hope they come out with a sport pack to punch of the numbers in handling and performance a bit and make them run for that 5-gallon pail! They'll be like this after each ride... [img]http://www.blackmaxpc.com/avatarsmiles/smiles/fun_84.gif[/img]

Must be all those hot friggin chics. Man I was wandering around school today in a daze. I know that sure had my attention. :P Actually I was sitting in the lab most of the time (for the 13 hours I was there), but the few times I wandered out, it was like. :o I don't know about their experience, but that was mine. It was probably overhyped for so long that the excitement has died down. Too much too early. The early JDM intro and speculation for months (hitting dealers a year after Japan) really killed most suprises.

The cheaper US mags have traditionally ignored Subaru and over-criticized them for minor faults they let go on other cars (the ones that pay for all their advertizing). The WRX has been the only exception, but I only think because they couldn't get away with ignoring it due to the fact that everyone had already known about it from rallying and Playstation, etc. Its why I spend the big bucks to read the British and more specialized US publications (not that they don't ignore the oft-underrated Legacy, too). Most cars out there sell on their marketing hype, but disappoint in ownership (although no one notices as they're used to all the rest of the crap cars out there). Subaru is the opposite. If they only got marketing together. Then again, if everyone owned one, I probably wouldn't want one. Steve

I could care less about the rips, I know it's in good fun. Besides, you're not far from the truth at all. I am however supprised at the scenery at the local tech college. It's still probably a 3:1 bad to good, but that 1/4 or so is: :o Or said this way: [img]http://www.lafreak.com/assets/images/54660652alzglu_ph.jpg[/img]

I feel an "I'd hit it" thread coming on. As for publicity, Japanese attention doesn't mean squat. As for earning COY, the competition for the 2005 COY will be tougher since the Legacy will essentially be a 2003.5 car competing with newer cars. It would sure be nice for US cars to come out when they do in Japan. There must be some reason for it. I just don't know what it is.

Hmmm...I'm sensing a NASIOCesque "Off-Topic" adolescent vibe in the room. Can't say I much like it, but it takes all kinds. Subaru has less than 1% of the world's overall marketplace. Never forget that. The car gets reviews and attention, once it comes out, that is out of proportion to that marketplace reality. Everybody reviewed the WRX, STi, and many, many places reviewed the Forester XT. Car & Driver went out of their way to include both an Impreza RS and Legacy in recent compact car and sedan comparos. Subaru gets its share of attention. For the familar, visually, the Legacy GT is more of an evolution, than a revolution. You can't really show what makes the car an evolution, until instrumented testing. Sit tight. All will be well. Subaru is on everyone's "to drive" map, precisely because of the turbo cars. It isn't any sort of conspiracy, or anything. As the journalist here, trust me...there isn't time for conspiracies and stuff like that. Zillions of things come over the transom, in addition to the zillions of things that the publications are obligated to cover. The G35 is a first-rate car, which is why it won the comparo in question. Relax, gang... Kevin

[quote name='Tin_pusher'][quote]Hmmm...I'm sensing a NASIOCesque "Off-Topic" adolescent vibe in the room. Can't say I much like it, but it takes all kinds. [/quote] I apologized for threadjacking, if you want to start an over 50, humorless, on topic only website, go for it. Otherwise lighten up.[/quote] First of all, I am not over 50. Not even close. Second, what attracted me to this site is the absence of the sort of adolescent stupidity that exists over at NASIOC, a, dare I say it for fear of seeming "over 50," more mature approach to things. As I said, "It takes all kinds," and anyone who doesn't like the atmosphere, including and especially me, as I can only speak for me, doesn't have to be part of this "party." Further, I confess to not seeing how being a grownup means that one should "lighten up," but feel free to enlighten me on that topic. On second thought, don't bother. It would only lead to kind of squabbling that drove some of us away from NASIOC in the first place. I'll just leave you to it. Kevin

[quote]First of all, I am not over 50. Not even close. Second, what attracted me to this site is the absence of the sort of adolescent stupidity that exists over at NASIOC, a, dare I say it for fear of seeming "over 50," more mature approach to things. As I said, "It takes all kinds," and anyone who doesn't like the atmosphere, including and especially me, as I can only speak for me, doesn't have to be part of this "party." Further, I confess to not seeing how being a grownup means that one should "lighten up," but feel free to enlighten me on that topic. On second thought, don't bother. It would only lead to kind of squabbling that drove some of us away from NASIOC in the first place. I'll just leave you to it. Kevin [/quote] Well guess what Kevin, this is a [b]public[/b] message board, and there are many types/ages/education levels of people that have joined this board. Even those that !gasp! are "not grownup" and do not share your chief librarian persona. Further, I assume it will get worse as the board has more new members join. Seriously, I'm not trying to flame you here, I see things on different boards all the time that are off topic or just plain dumb, but I don't burden myself by offering snide comments every time I see one. I simply hit the back button, and that seems to work pretty well.

[quote name='Tin_pusher'][quote]First of all, I am not over 50. Not even close. Second, what attracted me to this site is the absence of the sort of adolescent stupidity that exists over at NASIOC, a, dare I say it for fear of seeming "over 50," more mature approach to things. As I said, "It takes all kinds," and anyone who doesn't like the atmosphere, including and especially me, as I can only speak for me, doesn't have to be part of this "party." Further, I confess to not seeing how being a grownup means that one should "lighten up," but feel free to enlighten me on that topic. On second thought, don't bother. It would only lead to kind of squabbling that drove some of us away from NASIOC in the first place. I'll just leave you to it. Kevin [/quote] Well guess what Kevin, this is a [b]public[/b] message board, and there are many types/ages/education levels of people that have joined this board. Even those that !gasp! are "not grownup" and do not share your chief librarian persona. Further, I assume it will get worse as the board has more new members join. Seriously, I'm not trying to flame you here, I see things on different boards all the time that are off topic or just plain dumb, but I don't burden myself by offering snide comments every time I see one. I simply hit the back button, and that seems to work pretty well.[/quote] Sorry, but "everybody's doing it," which is, in effect what you suggest, is not a valid reason. Nor am I referring to "other boards." I am referring to this board in specific. A message board is only as good as its membership. As the nucleus, there is an opportunity to set a tone that is free from the sorts of puerile nonsense that many find distasteful. Humor is one thing. I'm all for it. Adolescent nonsense is something else altogether. I admit to being a minority, perhaps, but I'm pretty emphatically not for that. Finally, I don't think that I have any sort of a "librarian" persona. I do, however, admit to a desire for grownup, reasoned discussion about this car. But as you said, this is a public board. It will grow, and almost certainly get sillier, and I trust you will all have fun watching that happen. I confess to not being into that. My mind's made up about the Legacy, trim level, and color. I have all the information and speculation that I need, so I'm good to go. Good luck, Kevin

Archived