LegacyGT.com

Squealing Brakes

legandrex

Car has almost 16000 miles and I have noticed a squeal when windows are down and I come to a stop with moderate to light brake pressure. I would consider myself to be normal/average for how I brake. Previous cars have gone 60,000 miles with the way I drive before needing brakes. I tried one hard stop and it didn't work. Pedal doesn't pulsate so rotors aren't warped. Any suggestions?

I think I have squeelers too. Mine started at 5k and I really never have had a car long enough to wear down the pads.

Does your squeeling disappear as soon as you hit the breakers a little harder or let off too?

Same here with 9K. It happens with light pressure, and when press harder it goes away. Really annoying since when you come to a light stop for a light or something that is when you hear them the most. I will bring mine in soon to get fixed and will report back. This car seems to have a lot of issues with brakes. Already had my front rotors resurfaced.

X

---

its covered under warrenty....bring it in and get it fixed for free

I took my car in for squeaking brakes, services manager said nothing was wrong. That was like 1 yr ago. They still squeak but work okay.

This Space For Rent

My car's at 15k miles and the squealing started pretty early, approx 3-4k miles. I took it to a dealer and they told me "it's normal" due to the metalic materials in the pads...I'm no expert but...thinking about going BBK :D
In Taiwan now...:spin:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived