LegacyGT.com

Worthwhile to step up to Spec B from LGT in MY 07'?

07 Spec B worth the extra $6000?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. 07 Spec B worth the extra $6000?

• Hell Yes!! Spec B FTW
    • Hell NO!! Doesn't differentiate itself enough for the price
    • Undecided

For the prospective buyers of the 07' model out there, do you think the "extras" offered between the LGT and the Spec B is worth the extra $6,000 or so? The differences are as follows:

6-spd transmission

Blk/Blue interior

Nav

Aluminum Suspension components

18" wheels

I'm personally debating whether its worthwhile to spend the extra $ on the B or save it for mods. Loving the extra gear and the special interior. Wish they made the Nav optional so I can save ~$3k. You guys think its possible to take out the Nav and swap/sell it?

']What leads you to believe the 2007 LGT manual transmission won't be a 6-sp w/VDC' date=' just like the 2007 spec.B?[/quote']

I'd bet money that the only manual LGT that will get VDC is the spec B. and every other manuals will be 5 speeds. Time will tell i guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now that I've seen it, while there is a lot to like, I don't think so, even if there was a manual wagon spec B available. IF also you could delete the Nav system, then yea, I would be considering this.

The worst thing about being a subaru enthusiast is the appallingly limiited choices they offer their customers - those who aren't purchasing outbacks anyway. Even though they are low volume producers, I am convinced that they are limiting their sales by offering no or very little choice to their customers. The Nav system, limited interior/exterior color combos, no manual wagon, no non-limted GT, sheesh they just don't seem to get it at all.

It's too bad.

Now that I think about it, and this is after speaking with my dealer about the undesirability of the Nav - they agree that most people don't want it - I think the Nav alone ruins the value proposition of the spec b. Without that useless gadget, the spec B is only around $4k more than the GT limited, and between the wheels, 6 speed, and suspension upgrades, I think that package without the nav, would be worth upgrading to (in a wagon for me, though, only).

Sans nav, and with a good color choice, I'd hit it.

With nav, maybe, just for the 6MT, and Bilsteins.

Without color choice, probably not... I have to like something to spend money on it.

thankfully, the folding seats and ipod jack are standard for the LGT, also.

If you're talking mid to high $30's for the Spec-B, I'd ditch the Subie altogether and latch onto a two year old M-3 BMW (heresy I know, but there it is). Still new enough and without all the luxo electronics that make German cars so frigging unreliable these days.

If you're talking mid to high $30's for the Spec-B, I'd ditch the Subie altogether and latch onto a two year old M-3 BMW (heresy I know, but there it is). Still new enough and without all the luxo electronics that make German cars so frigging unreliable these days.

Nothing heretical about that statement - only a fool would prefer the LGT over an M3, considering only the cars driving performance.

However, I think it's optimistic to think you'll find a 2004 M3 under $45k.

Its a step in the right direction, but even as a current spec B owner, I want to see more from Subaru. I want the STI Engine.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

']What leads you to believe the 2007 LGT manual transmission won't be a 6-sp w/VDC' date=' just like the 2007 spec.B?[/quote']

well, for starters its not mentioned here:

Like all Subaru models, the 2007 Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B features Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive as standard equipment. The new Subaru SI-Drive system will also be standard on all Legacy 2.5 GT Limited and Outback® 2.5 XT Limited models for 2007 (all are powered by the same engine).

nor here:

All Legacy and Outback audio systems for 2007 offer XM® Satellite Radio capability.

here neither:

Standard features shared with the 2.5 GT Limited Sedan include dual-zone automatic climate control, performance-design front seats, power moonroof, 4-stage heated front seats, a 4-way power passenger seat and heated exterior mirrors. In addition, all Legacy sedan models for 2007 gain a new standard 60/40 split fold-down rear seat with trunk pass-through to enhance cargo-carrying versatility.

and finally, there's no mention of it here:

All Legacy models for 2007 feature, as standard equipment, the Subaru Advanced Frontal Air Bag System, front seat side impact air bags, active front seat head restraints and side curtain air bags.

therefore, a reasonable inference can be drawn that the six-speed w/VDC is exclusive to the spec-b

As far as I can tell, the differences between the 07 Spec B, and 07 LGT Limited are small.

6MT only trans (it says symmetrical AWD, and does not mention Vehicle Dynamics Control, nor Variable Torque Distribution, which the 6MT might well have... ambiguous.)

18" wheels, Bilstein Suspension, NAV (no mention of madatory status) the same as 06.

The press release does not mandatorily state the color combo is exclusive for the Spec B, either. It is possible that this is only one of the color combo, or it could be THE ONLY color combo for the spec B. Rumored at least one more new color for the LGT, but no hard data.

Things that might be Spec B, OR could be LGT/OBXT wide...

Torsen Limited Slip Diff (could be simple part change, cost reduction, or could be a forsight of VDC being installed)

Memory Seats. (unclear if this is Spec B or LGT-wide. I definitely hope for the latter.)

The above mentioned traits ARE shared with the LGT. (previous post info...)

Theoretically, the REAL difference between the LGT Limited and Spec B may be limited to NAV, Bilsteins, color, and 6MT, much like the 06 Spec B.

I am thinking if the LGT Limited price point doesn't go up, or even goes down by a dollar or two, it might be a VERY good deal... also wondering about Spec B pricing, though.

Archived