LegacyGT.com

Subaru announces 2007 spec.B

FameMax

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello,

According to my contacts at SoA, late June / early July for the Spec B and August for the STI Limited.

Joel

Would this apply to the rest of the Legacy line?

Thanks.:)

Sorry, didn't search cause I thought 2.5i has AVCS.:iam:

After a quick search, I found this thread http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30921

Tribeca has both AVCS and AVLS. And i-Active looks similar to AVLS to me(I might misunderstood the explanation because my bad english + I'm new to these stuff), so I assume it's possible for AVCS to work with i-Active too?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the pics. Don't see people flocking around it though. :(

I still don't see that it separates itself significantly from a 'regular' GT ltd. It needs more still- maybe they improved the suspension? (although doesn't seem like it). And I could live without the 2 toned interior.

Basically, still have to build your own STi. :icon_bigg

Tyre profiles are too low to look realistic

Oh come on guys. 1HP does NOT EQUAL 1FT-LB of torque! For God's sake. I don't know where those comments come from. Torque is a twisting force only. Horsepower is that force measured over time.

Horsepower is a FUNCTION of TORQUE over TIME (or RPM in an engine's case [no pun intended]). They are not always equal. The generic formula is HP=RPMxTQ/5252.

There was no reduction in torque or HP for 2007. As previously mentioned, the numbers numerically decreased because of the new SAE stating methods. The engine power and torque outputs are exactly the same as last year.

Amen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey, uh, I haven't seen anything anywhere, but don't want to assume.

LGT brakes = Spec.B brakes in terms of dimensions?

thanks,

matt

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

same dimensional properties is all I was waiting (and hoping) to hear.

But I thank you for the added bonus of further information! :icon_mrgr

Sweet!

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

In saw someone posted the "I drive being" a "built in AP"?

In Super Sport Mode, its still the same power as the 05-06 with out it. I assume the other modes are to get the EPA rating up, and to offer more toys.

Still nice though. I wish they had redone a new grille treatment.

Yes, in Sport Sharp mode, the power output is still the same, but the electronic throttle mapping is more aggressive. The standard Sport mode is similar throttle mapping to the 05-06. They can do wonders with electronic throttle to change the feel of the car. I'm sure Cobb Tuning will have a field day with a three-mode AccessPort.

The Intelligent mode softens throttle action and reduces power somewhat to give better mileage.

I'm sure Cobb Tuning will have a field day with a three-mode AccessPort.

In saw someone posted the "I drive being" a "built in AP"?

In Super Sport Mode, its still the same power as the 05-06 with out it. I assume the other modes are to get the EPA rating up, and to offer more toys.

Still nice though. I wish they had redone a new grille treatment.

From 2007 Subaru Legacy GT Spec.B - The Car Connection

Sport mode then allows full engine power, and a more linear response leading up to it, with a slightly more aggressive tip-in than Intelligent. Finally, there's Sport Sharp (designated by an S# on the dial), which changes the throttle attitude to be very aggressive, with full power and boost available earlier - with some smoothness sacrificed. Subaru officials said that S# won't bring faster raw acceleration times, but it would improve times during maneuvers that require lifting off the gas and getting back on it quickly. There's much less of a difference between S and S sharp.

While SI Drive doesn't actually boost the engine's peak power or torque, it does allow quite different driving experiences from the same car. In our Spec.B test car, we noticed that when making a gentle standing start, throttle/clutch coordination was improved in Intelligent mode, and the car was easier to drive smoothly in the lower gears; while at the opposite end, in S# mode, the six-speed was very difficult to drive smoothly in the lower gears due to the on-off nature of the throttle.

Archived