LegacyGT.com

SPEC B 07 pics and info

Xantium

Everytime Subaru gives people what they ask for, they complain :lol:

Generally it's because Subaru gives people only a distorted version of what they asked for.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
**** this

i can get sti tranny with shaft and axles for 4500

i'm gonna do sti tranny conversion later this year or next year

But now you can get the STi tranny, and when you sell your car, you won't eat that entire cost immediately. No one ever gets their mod money back, it's one less thing to do.

Plus, I can't imagine that $4500 includes labor. I'm not trying to harsh on the idea, I've considered it myself. But for someone buying a new Leg, it's an important consideration when deciding between buying now or waiting for July.

Never start modding, kids. It's too late for me, save yourselves!

Hooray for 07+ AccessPORT!

Does anyone think the SI thing is going to give more overall hp/tq; I don't. I think it's a way to get some better #s for CAFE and tweak driveability so the average Joe doesn't complain about the on/off nature of a turbo's powerband. If we are lucky maybe it will allow a little more room under the hp/trq curve.

I'm sure the 6spd adds a significant amount of cost to the car. It will be interesting to see if they raise the price by a grand for the tranny or find a way to keep the price in line with the 06's. Making nav optional would be a great way to keep the price down imo.

No the SI is SUbaru's response to all the people complining about the stuttering and such. Now they can just answer by saying "leave it in intelligent mode".

I guess they do listen to complains, and that is why it will be standard on all Legacy's.

X

---

Our current VF40 is a poor match for a 6MT.

Even with the current 5MT, a run though the gears leaves you in the area of the tach where the VF40 is out of breath. Upgrading to a 6MT shortens the gear ratios placing you at even higher RPMs in the following gear after each shift. Sure you get some torque multiplication from the shorter gears, but you lose much of it because the VF40 is wheezing.

Oh well. I guess the future spec owners will at least be better situated after a turbo swap.

Actually, VTD is the DCCD without manual control. VDC is a standard stability control system that uses the ABS components and electronic throttle to control the vehicle's yaw in low traction situations. Totally different. I would not be surprised to see the Spec B with VTD.

The DCCD is not part of the gearbox it is the center differential and the 6 speed can be had without the DCCD. If the rumors are true (although that doesn't mention it) the new spec B will have VDC which is just non-manually controllable DCCD anyway so the effect will the be same as DCCD set to auto. The 6 speed gear box that is in the STI was new as of the GD Impreza, the old STis had a beefier 5 speed. Considering that the current 5MT is going on 25 years old (as shown by its simple single cone gear sets until I think 2 years ago), the 6 speed is in fact practically brand new (has snazzy triple cone desgin gears). Plus it gets updated each year with the 06 version adding carbon coated synchros on 4-6th gears. The 6 speed is a radically new and improved design compared to the current 5MT why do you think people complain so much about the 5MT?

2007 SUBARU LEGACY® 2.5 GT spec.B DEBUTS NEW SI-DRIVE PERFORMANCE SYSTEM AND 6-SPEED TRANSMISSION

· New SI-Drive Enables Driver to Select Engine Performance Level

· VDC Stability System Supports Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive

· New Audio System Offers Satellite Radio Capability

NEW YORK, April 13, 2006 – Subaru of America, Inc., America’s All-Wheel Drive leader, today unveiled the 2007 Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B performance sedan at the New York International Auto Show. The introduction spotlights Subaru Intelligent Drive (SI-Drive), a key new technology that enhances driving engagement by allowing the driver to select the level of engine performance.

First offered in 2006 as a limited edition production run of 500 units, the Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B returns as a regular production model for 2007 and features a host of performance and interior enhancements. In addition to the new SI-Drive system, the 2007 spec.B also gains a modified version of the 6-speed manual transmission from the Impreza® WRX® STI®, plus the advanced Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) system and a Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Also new for 2007, a Torsen® limited-slip rear differential helps to optimize traction at the rear wheels.

Like all Subaru models, the 2007 Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B features Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive as standard equipment. The 2.5-liter intercooled turbo Boxer engine in the spec.B produces 243 horsepower @ 6,000 rpm and 241 lb.-ft. of peak torque @ 3,600 rpm. The new Subaru SI-Drive system will also be standard on all Legacy 2.5 GT Limited and Outback® 2.5 XT Limited models for 2007 (all are powered by the same engine).

SI-Drive: Three Engines in One

The new SI-Drive system allows the driver to maximize engine performance, control and efficiency by choosing from among three selectable modes – "Intelligent” “Sport” and “Sport Sharp” – using a rotary dial on the center console.

--more--

The SI-Drive controls the electronic throttle system’s response and fuel and ignition curves to modify engine torque characteristics, changing the performance character of the car in each mode. With Intelligent mode selected, the system reduces engine torque and maximum power and switches to a more relaxed throttle response curve. Intelligent mode is an ideal choice for commuting in traffic, for example, where it can also help boost fuel efficiency by up to 10 percent.

In “Sport” mode, the performance of the 2.5 GT spec.B (and other 2007 turbo Legacy and Outback models) is similar to the 2006 model, with quick throttle responses and powerful, linear acceleration.

In “Sport Sharp” mode, SI-Drive modifies the engine’s electronic throttle mapping to deliver lightning quick throttle response and more power sooner. Delivering maximum driving enjoyment, this mode is ideal for tackling twisty roads and for merging or overtaking other vehicles on the highway with confidence.

On 2007 Legacy and Outback models equipped with the 5-speed automatic transmission (not available on Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B), SI-Drive also changes the transmission’s shift patterns. It will hold each gear longer through the rpm range and downshift more quickly under hard acceleration, depending on the mode selected.

The SI-Drive system includes instrument panel displays that allow the driver to monitor performance. The multi-information display located in the tachometer face – in addition to providing trip computer functions – denotes the selected SI-Drive mode and provides an active torque curve display.

Exclusive Bilstein Sport Suspension

The 2007 model carries forward the Bilstein® Sport Suspension with inverted front struts similar to that in the rally-bred Impreza WRX STI, including aluminum-alloy lower control arms, 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and high-performance tires. The multi-link rear suspension features aluminum-alloy rear arms and upper links in place of cast-iron pieces to reduce unsprung weight.

Luxury, Power and Performance

Once again, the Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B features an exclusive interior design, for 2007 featuring Charcoal Gray leather-trimmed upholstery with Dusk Blue Alcantara® inserts. A new standard SRS® WOW audio system brings a new sonic performance and quality to the Legacy line, plus MP3 and Windows® Media Audio (WMA) playback and an input jack for iPods and other portable audio devices. All Legacy and Outback audio systems for 2007 offer XM® Satellite Radio capability.

The standard 8-way power driver’s seat gains a memory function for 2007, and the interior is further differentiated from the Legacy 2.5 GT Limited model by aluminum-alloy pedal covers, a 3-spoke MOMO® leather-wrapped steering wheel with integrated audio controls and “spec.B” floor mats. The Subaru Navigation System remains standard on the spec.B model and available for all automatic transmission-equipped Legacy 2.5 GT Limited models.

--more--

Standard features shared with the 2.5 GT Limited Sedan include dual-zone automatic climate control, performance-design front seats, power moonroof, 4-stage heated front seats, a 4-way power passenger seat and heated exterior mirrors. In addition, all Legacy sedan models for 2007 gain a new standard 60/40 split fold-down rear seat with trunk pass-through to enhance cargo-carrying versatility.

All Legacy models for 2007 feature, as standard equipment, the Subaru Advanced Frontal Air Bag System, front seat side impact air bags, active front seat head restraints and side curtain air bags.

About Subaru of America, Inc.

Subaru of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., the company markets and distributes Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of nearly 600 dealers across the United States.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2007 Subaru Legacy® 2.5 GT spec.B Sedan

Specifications

Engine

4-cylinder, horizontally opposed (Boxer); specially reinforced die-cast aluminum block with semi-closed deck and integral cast iron cylinder liners; aluminum alloy cylinder heads

Displacement

2,457 cc (150 cu. in.)

Valvetrain

Double overhead belt-driven camshafts (DOHC), 4 valves per cylinder, Subaru Active Valve Control System (AVCS) variable valve timing

Fuel/Induction/Engine management

Sequential multi-port fuel injection (MFI) with multi-spray injectors, Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) system, turbocharger and intercooler

Compression ratio

8.2:1

Max. boost pressure

13.5 psi (700 mm Hg)

Horsepower

243 @ 6,000 rpm (SAE Certified)

Torque

241 lb.-ft. @ 3,600 rpm (SAE Certified)

Transmission

6-speed manual (modified from Impreza® WRX® STI®)

Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system

Viscous-coupling locking center differential; 50:50 torque split; Torsen® limited-slip rear differential

Stability system

Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC)

Chassis

Unitized construction; 4-wheel independent Bilstein Sport Suspension

Front suspension

Inverted struts and aluminum-alloy lower L-arms, liquid filled L-arm rear bushings, stabilizer bar and negative scrub geometry

Rear suspension

Multilink: one upper link, two lower links and one radius arm per side (aluminum-alloy rear lower arms and upper links) coil springs, Bilstein shock absorbers, stabilizer bar, liquid-filled rear differential mounts

Brakes

Power-assisted 4-wheel discs with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and 4-channel / 4-sensor ABS

Front

12.3 x 1.18 in. ventilated discs, twin-piston floating calipers

Rear

11.3 x 0.7 in. ventilated discs, single-piston floating calipers

Steering

Rack-and-pinion with engine-speed-sensing variable power assist

Wheels

18 x 7JJ aluminum alloy, 10-spoke

Tires

215/45 R18 89W Bridgestone Potenza RE050A summer

Dimensions

Wheelbase

105.1 in.

Length

186.2 in.

Width

68.1 in.

Height

56.5 in.

Curb weight

3,515 lb.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

does the current model have "Rack-and-pinion with engine-speed-sensing variable power assist" ?? is there a way to tighten that up by modifying dcreasing the power assist.? i know you can in the new gti's

Cool it's now a regular production model. It doesn't say anything about exterior colors, so I think you can choose different colors.

Oh, and it has an AUX input now for those who've been yearning for it.

crex, I don't think Subarus have speed-sensitive steering.

-ben

Archived