LegacyGT.com

SPEC B 07 pics and info

Xantium

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the competition is getting so much tighter now. You have toyota avalons pulling low 6's o-60 when 10 years ago a vette wasn't much faster then 5.3 0-60.

Car companies are working much harder to "out do" the next guy. The 25000-35000 dollar market is booming right now.

I want to see what else is out in 2008/2009 should be interesting

I am keeping an eye on nissan, infiniti, subaru, maybe toyta if they make the supra

How about the fold down backseats and VDC? I guess VDC wouldn't be available in Spec B since it's a stick and maybe Subaru is too embarrassed to admit that the previous Legacy didn't come with fold down seats...

i love it, i mean it's no big difference, but since i don't have a legacy yet this would be the best one to get.... the $$$ is gonna be stupid though...right? what are we talkin...maybe like $34-36k. did the current Spec Bs go down in price over time or were they always around the same price.

Hmm, a new Imprezza,Forester,Legacy,Outback. Cool. Just don't hit them with the Tribeca ugly stick. Thank you. More horses and a 6th gear is always welcome. Wonder where they found the space in the gearbox. 5 speeds are crowded enough. wonder if strength is lessened going the 6 speeds though??

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

More horses and a 6th gear is always welcome. Wonder where they found the space in the gearbox. 5 speeds are crowded enough. wonder if strength is lessened going the 6 speeds though??

The 6 speed is practically future technology compared the to old as the hills 5 speed. Its coming straight out of the STI, but maybe with different (i would be taller) gearing. The 6 speed is a very stout, easy shifting, clean gearbox that is good to hold around 450whp.

Straight out of the STi ... I think not, no DCCD ......

More likely this is the same 6 speed that's been around for a while.

The DCCD is not part of the gearbox it is the center differential and the 6 speed can be had without the DCCD. If the rumors are true (although that doesn't mention it) the new spec B will have VDC which is just non-manually controllable DCCD anyway so the effect will the be same as DCCD set to auto. The 6 speed gear box that is in the STI was new as of the GD Impreza, the old STis had a beefier 5 speed. Considering that the current 5MT is going on 25 years old (as shown by its simple single cone gear sets until I think 2 years ago), the 6 speed is in fact practically brand new (has snazzy triple cone desgin gears). Plus it gets updated each year with the 06 version adding carbon coated synchros on 4-6th gears. The 6 speed is a radically new and improved design compared to the current 5MT why do you think people complain so much about the 5MT?

http://automobilemag.com/auto_shows/2006_new_york/0605_2007_subaru_legacy_spec_b_900.jpg

Subaru also showed the Legacy Spec B, which was a special edition for 2006, but will be a full-fledged model for '07. The new model gains a sixth forward ratio for the manual gearbox and an electronic throttle and torque management system that Subaru calls SI Drive. SI Drive has three settings: intelligent, sport, and sport sharp. Set to intelligent, the system retards the Spec B's power output and dulls throttle response in an attempt to eliminate the car's jumpy turbo characteristics and make it easier to drive in day-to-day traffic. Subaru claims that this mode will increase fuel economy by ten percent. Sport mode is the default setting, and sport sharp will heighten throttle reponse and make gearshifts more aggressive in cars equipped with an automatic transmission. SI Drive will also be fitted to all turbo Legacy GTs and Outback XTs.

Thumbs DOWN.

Dark gray looks aaaight. not good, not horrible, but not compelling in any way.

6MT... HAS VDC IN IT. DCCD is a manual controller for the VDC center diff. That and the bilstein suspension are the biggest boons for this car, and they should be standard or optional on the LGT. Not in an overly expensive trim model with mandatory equipment, colors, and a high price.

LGT for me, unless something new gets announced tommorrow... like new colors, and a nice price closer to $30k, rather than the 06's $35k.

The SI drive isn't even limited to the spec b, it will be available on ALL the turbocharged legacy-based cars... I wonder if the suspension will be up to the "sport sharp" mode on the drivetrain...

Looks like Spec B is second verse, same as the first.

Wait till tomorrow for the official announcement. The Automobile article says the spec.B will be a full-fledged model. Not sure if this is the case. Would be nice though. IwannaSportSedan would like that :).
-ben

WRB FTW!

I'm feeling that gunmetal, though, and if the 6-speed gearbox is from the STi, it may just convince me to wait and skip the LGT wagons I'm looking at.

Also, I think these will have one new feature that would save me some headaches: an Aux-In jack.

Never start modding, kids. It's too late for me, save yourselves!

Hooray for 07+ AccessPORT!

**** this

i can get sti tranny with shaft and axles for 4500

i'm gonna do sti tranny conversion later this year or next year

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Archived