LegacyGT.com

How come I didnt realize this before?

SLegacy99

"The budget-performance 2.5 GT trim has been discontinued, leaving buyers to ante up for the pricier GT Limited."

Why they discontinue the GT? Being able to get a Limited is what makes it special. THis makes no sense to me.

I think they did the same with the forester... you can only get the base trim in the 2.5i in 06's now, I believe. Weak for 06 buyers, sweet for me with my most basic cloth interior no power seats and no sunroof super lightweight 05 GT!!

...I wonder what their Non-limited numbers were for the '05 GT models.

I'm sure they all sold. It's probably a matter of how long it took them to sell and how much money it cost to move them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

People preferred the Limited 2:1 at my place of employment.

ABP/Black GT Limited sedan

SWP/Black GT Limited wagon

RBP/Black GT Un-limited wagon

All 5mt though!

Steve

Transmission choice FTW !

I prefer the limited, with the tan interior. Very unpopular around here, but the black just looks too blah, like a house with all the walls and trim painted white. No thanks, but enjoy if you like that sort of thing!

I glad I got a LGT limited wagon. It's the only way to get my giant sunroof:)
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

So why wouldnt you rebadge the Limited to just plain GT, thus allowing the spec b. to be your limited model.

So I guess the Spec. B. will sell better this way.

It would confuse the issue with the real non limited 2005 models. what does it matter anyway? what do you think LE on the Camry means? that's in no way limited.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My guess is that they're afraid that the non-limited GT version would cut into their WRX sales. I wasn't really that interested in a LGT (was looking at more WRX-level prices) until I found out that the non-limited was only about $2k more than a WRX.

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Love my limited. Sounds silly but I really always like the look of the blinkers in the side mirrors. I love the leather, heated seats and moon roof too. For under 30K (about 28K) it was a no brainer for me.

Power seats, leather and sun roof were the only differences. Not worth the difference in price from the I perspective. Bet Subaru made more per car with the limited.

Sad that both my trim model is gone, as well as my transmission body style choice. Already had somebody come up to me how I got a manual in a wagon LGT.

I've got a non-limited and I'm glad I do. White w/ black interrior is pretty damn awesome.

Yes, I have to agree on the color combo, but mine is a limited, so what if I'm a leather whore. :D to me it's the best of both worlds.

Archived