LegacyGT.com

tweaking LGT ltd seats

cuisinartoh

I'm the proud owner of a new, leftover '05 LGT Ltd Wagon. I love the car overall, but I'm not too happy with the seats. I'm 6'2" with very long legs. There is about 5-6" between the backs of my knees and the seat. In my opinion, the seat pan is too shallow on these seats. Has anyone attempted a mod to the factory seating that adds a retractable seat pan extension like the ones on BMWs?

Ed

I would love to have a seat pan ext like BMW. I would even be willing to pay big bucks for it.

For the time being I am fairly happy with this.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18323&highlight=seat

Blue,

Thanks for the pointer to your seat mod. I also wish the front of the seat tilted up higher (I guess I really mean the rear would drop lower), but I'd be willing to have some sort of thigh extension. I don't have the cajones to go dinking with my power driver seat like you did :-)

I haven't studied the seat enough yet, but I'm considering hiring a welder friend of mine to make some brackets that bolt to the front frame. I could then build my own padded extension to the front of the seat once I source some OEM taupe leather. But even that seems a little nutty.

^ Where did you get those floor mats? sorry for the off topic.

Does doing this push you back even further from the wheel?

Not sure if the floor mat comment was for me. They are the Factory Subaru ones.

It just lifts the front of the seat up, but leaves the back of the seat alone.

Archived