LegacyGT.com

WTB: mesh Grill

BDII

I was standing in my house today looking down at my car and I relized how appalling our grill is.

like the title says, I want a mesh grill. You know....\\\\

the kind that sits back, not the one thats flush with the hood.

PM me

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

..... make your own .....

The only walkthroughs I could find were for the the flush mount ones.

First person to find a thread with a DIY on the one I want I will make one for them, and install if you live close.

Aequitas by the way.

I might be selling my JDM grille..... :)

don't buy it!!!!!! it's a knock off!! damn things duck taped to his bumper.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Bulldog, next time your in for service at Manchester Subaru, go behind service and look for my silver legacy, It has a DIY grill with mesh mounted toward the back. Not absolutley perfect because the paint guy screwed it up, but you will get the idea.

Bulldog, next time your in for service at Manchester Subaru, go behind service and look for my silver legacy, It has a DIY grill with mesh mounted toward the back. Not absolutley perfect because the paint guy screwed it up, but you will get the idea.

can you do this?

yeah, but I did it the hard way, fiberglass and bondo and tons of sanding. There are easier ways to do it, depending on the look you are going for.

i like the easy way. what is it?

I used peaces of ABS plastic heated them with a torch, molded them, trimmed them, and then plastic welded them in place just used filler to smooth it all out. There is a lot of sanding any way you do it thought...glass is just harder and doesn’t always stick well to plastic.

Cut a tapering line from the hole on the bottom center of the grill to the holes in the side. The more you taper the cut the further the grill will sit back, does not look quite as nice imho, but it is much easier. No Bondo, little sanding, and you could probably do it without painting anything.

I used peaces of ABS plastic heated them with a torch, molded them, trimmed them, and then plastic welded them in place just used filler to smooth it all out. There is a lot of sanding any way you do it thought...glass is just harder and doesn’t always stick well to plastic.

I have no molding/sanding skills, at all.

I Guess Im gonna have to buy one...

Cut a tapering line from the hole on the bottom center of the grill to the holes in the side. The more you taper the cut the further the grill will sit back, does not look quite as nice imho, but it is much easier. No Bondo, little sanding, and you could probably do it without painting anything.

That is a good idea to simplify the whole thing but agree with the way it may look?

Archived