LegacyGT.com

Mid Profile Tires

BigT

So my friend, who works for an autoshop/tow truck company suggested to me that I get Mid Profile tires instead of low profile for the summer. I was originally looking at F1's, but he suggested that I go with something a little cheaper the first time (something called falcons? anybody got any info?), but then he suggested that I should really go with a mid profile tire. His reasons were 1. low profile tires have a crappy ride. 2. They blow out constantly, and your more likely to bend a rim with them. and 3. that the amount of energy I will spend avoiding potholes in the road, especially in Queens, will not really even out the extra performance I can get. Has anybody heard/had any experience with these mid profile tires? Also, what about this falcon brand he suggested?

-T

wtf is a mid profile tire?

I've been using 40 and 45 series tires for years on various vehicles without issues ....... my roads are likely better though.

If you want a little added protection, just use a 225/45 17 vs the stock 215/45 17. the 225 will be a little wider and a little taller since the second number (45) is a percentage of the first number (215 or 225).

he's probably talking about falken tires. the fk451 is a decent tire for cheap if you want a tester set to see how tires in a specific size handle your roads as far as potholes and performance.

Yeah, I have no idea what it is. I think that he did mean Falken tires. I'm not quite sure what the deal with them is. I'm just looking for info, but i guess nobody has any.

-T

I'd go with your original choice - the F1s. I have them as do many others here and we all love them.

Good luck with your choice.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

I drive daily from nassau into flushing via northern boulevard, it's not that bad but a pothole will hurt a lot if you don't spot it coming. 18's are manageable in the city, but it helps a lot to know the area. I memorized every manhole/pothole on my commute. When I'm in neighborhoods I'm not familiar with, I go extra slow, especially on streets with bad lights. My last trip into manhattan I hit one pothole but didn't leave any bruises on the sidewall, a lot of that was due to me being tipsy and not spotting it, and two, I wasn't really going fast enough to deal some real damage. I haven't had a blowout yet.

It's up to you, if you think can maneuver well enough then stick with 18's. If you don't want to go through the trouble you might want to think of sticking with 17's. I hope that helps you make the decision easier.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

you guys have f1s or f1 gs d3s? i had the d3s on my last car. awesome tire in wet and dry. agressive tred pattern and quiet. only thing that suck is they pick up everything at throw it at the car

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

So my friend, who works for an autoshop/tow truck company suggested to me that I get Mid Profile tires instead of low profile for the summer. I was originally looking at F1's, but he suggested that I go with something a little cheaper the first time (something called falcons? anybody got any info?), but then he suggested that I should really go with a mid profile tire. His reasons were 1. low profile tires have a crappy ride. 2. They blow out constantly, and your more likely to bend a rim with them. and 3. that the amount of energy I will spend avoiding potholes in the road, especially in Queens, will not really even out the extra performance I can get. Has anybody heard/had any experience with these mid profile tires? Also, what about this falcon brand he suggested?

-T

I would call 55's a mid.

Archived