LegacyGT.com

New (to me) Used LGT - Warranty Coverage?

I just picked up an 05 LGT Limited Wagon w/ 11k miles. What do I have to do about getting the remainder of the coverage on the vehicle? Just show up at the dealer when I have a problem?:confused:

Never owned a car with a warranty before, always do it myself.

Thanks

First off... Welcome!

I would talk to your sales person and discuss what type of warranty you have on the car. The dealer would know better than us. Maybe the previous owner had purchased an extended warranty package on the car.

But the basic manufactures warranty is 36,000 miles or 3 years, whichever comes first.

+1 and welcome

If you bought it used (private party) maybe bring it to your local subie dealer and have them check to see if it has an extended warranty. They'll run the VIN.

\Otherwise, just show up at the dealer when you need warranty work performed. At least that's how it's worked for me in the past when I've purchased used but with remainder of factory warranty.

- The Mortgage Man

Great. Thanks for the welcome. I hear the dealer here (Atlanta) is great so I'm hoping everything I've read is true. Sounds like I'll set up an appointment to bring her in and have a few things checked out. (Pulsating brakes, stuttering and an oil leak around the filter which I assume is just loose).

Pulsating brakes... This wouldn't happen to be the ABS kicking in under hard breaking would it?

Stuttering... This is a common complaint for the LGT. It's been accepted as "normal operation" but there are some dealerships that will attempt to fix this. Usually an ECU flash or replacement. Sometimes the problem comes back, again... it's been accepted as "normal operation" The only real way to fix this is to get an engine management system like a Cobb Accessport.

Oil leak around filter... There have been some bad filters that Subaru had circulating around, maybe this is one of them. The filters would not seal correctly and oil would leak out past the seal. Or... this could just be loose.

Good luck!

From what I've read, sounds like the rather common problem that many people have experienced here, some say new pads fix it, some say rotors.

I had read about the stuttering, and was going to see if they'd do the send away. I plan to get an AP eventually anyway, but I might as well try.

Hadn't read about the filter yet, thanks for the info.

Archived