LegacyGT.com

auto to manual

I suppose that would depend on your state's rules for collector plates. Here, a car must be over 25 years old before they even consider collector plates. :(
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

ok. called some people. i can get collector plates. the only problem is i have to show documentation of what number my car was on that assembly line (ex. 345 of 528). i called subaru of america and their looking into it, but who knows if theyll be any help. ive already checked the title and it doesnt have that number. usually when a car manufacturer makes very few of one car like this, they stamp somewhere on it the number the car was on the production line, does anyone know if this is true for the limited 5 speed.

Might be able to tell by the last 6 numbers of your VIN. What are they?

Cars101 states:

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/VINOB99a.JPG

So, if the last 6 numbers of your VIN are say "300241", it might mean yours was 241 of 528. I can keep looking around for other, more reliable answers though.

ok. called some people. i can get collector plates. the only problem is i have to show documentation of what number my car was on that assembly line (ex. 345 of 528). i called subaru of america and their looking into it, but who knows if theyll be any help. ive already checked the title and it doesnt have that number. usually when a car manufacturer makes very few of one car like this, they stamp somewhere on it the number the car was on the production line, does anyone know if this is true for the limited 5 speed.

Well if yours is an Outback I couldn't tell you.

I do know that there are only 528 1999 GT Limited Sedans out there with a 5MT.

Might be able to tell by the last 6 numbers of your VIN. What are they?

So, if the last 6 numbers of your VIN are say "300241", it might mean yours was 241 of 528. I can keep looking around for other, more reliable answers though.

mines a step roof so the 12th digit is a 6 but never less. 651716. ive been looking around for hours and im still tryin to find my build sheet but they did a good job of hiding it on my car

Hrm. Well, I guess my idea is tossed. When you do find out, post here so anyone with the Limited knows. :)

i can get collector plates as long as i can prove with documents that my car is 1 of 528 this way i can avoid e-check. Ive been looking for the build sheet hidden on my car because it will say the production number (ex. 300 of 528) but i cant seem to find it.

Archived