LegacyGT.com

auto to manual

• 3 years later...
:icon_bigg :icon_bigg Im gonna go ahead and gloat again. :icon_bigg :icon_bigg There are only 528 Limited models of the BD/BG Legacy that are 5 speeds.

I'll gloat along with that! :wub:

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

3. 1997 LEGACY GT 6-SPEED

I've been wanting to do this forever on my '99. Was the reason it was so much more because of the wiring? Or are the 6MT's just that much more expensive?

• 2 weeks later...
:icon_bigg :icon_bigg Im gonna go ahead and gloat again. :icon_bigg :icon_bigg There are only 528 Limited models of the BD/BG Legacy that are 5 speeds.

i will second that. usefull info too, i guess im one of the lucky ones too. may be a dumb question but were all the 99s 30th aniversary editions, or was that just a special model for that year, cause i have the 30th aniv. basically i have a 99 legacy outback limited 30th aniversary edition 5 speed with leather and every option known to subaru (yes dual heated seats, heated mirrors, and heated windsheild wipers), im just wondering if my car is worth a lot more than i think it is. btw, i picked it up for 3200. check out my pics on how clean it is

I believe that all of the '99s were 30th anniversary editions except their fleet sales, but I could be wrong.

How many miles are on your vehicle? $3200 is pretty cheap for all the stuff you have. I paid $9,000 for mine in '05, with 69k miles. This car was marked down alot because the rear bumper and sides sills were so messed up from a school parking lot. Lucky me.

Actually, as rare as your car may be, unfortunately, it is the 30th '99 Legacy GT 2.5L MT5 that is rare. If you do, in fact, have the 2.5L GT engine with the 5MT, then yes, it is one of the 528. :)

i just updated pics of my options on my public profile because in another thread i had a member ask for pics so i took pics of all my options proving i hade this car with these options lol. and yes 3200, it had 13?,000 miles when i bought it but ive replaced the motor since then with the same motor but with 40k miles on it

Nice. Where on Earth did you find a 2.5 GT engine with 40K on it? That would be a place i would shop ritualistically. :)

Nice. Where on Earth did you find a 2.5 GT engine with 40K on it? That would be a place i would shop ritualistically. :)

Some salvage company in texas had it. I'm in ohio so I just had it shiped. Apparently it was some old ladys car and she only drove it to church and the grocery store until a dumba$$ drunk driver smashed the back bumper all the way into back seat... engine was still good tho so I took. Paid I think 1100 for it

1100 isn't too bad at all. Did you just get the engine/block or did the tranny come with it? Either way, good deal!

Archived