LegacyGT.com

How well is the B9 Tribeca selling?

gt_ltd

I asked some guy from SOA at the Denver Auto Show about changes on the 2007 Legacy, he said there won't be anything new until 2008, when there will be a new "pig nose" front like the Impreza and Tribeca. I gave him a :icon_frow look and he said "why? you don't like the new design?" to which I answered "well lots of people don't like how the B9 looks. I mean, how many have been sold?" He said it's actually doing good, xxxx have been sold (can't remember the number). He also said once again there will be 500 Spec.B's in 2007 and that the current ones are selling strong.

:iam:

This Space For Rent

hrmm, as far as I know only 1 tribecca has sold here, and its white, and they keep the road HOT.. only one I've seen not at the dealer tho. Glad to hear they're selling elsewhere. Honestly I sometimes worry that my local dealer will drop subaru cos they charge too much and then blame it on the market.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

We sell a lot of Tribeca models. We try to keep a bunch in stock, but they usually sell faster than we can replenish them so we might have 15 in stock one week and by the end of the month only have a few left until the new allocation gets here. We definitely sell more tribeca's than we do LGT's.

as for the SPec B comment, how can they be selling strong? there were 500, so selling strong would mean they sold them all already. I know dealers that still have them and I had to sell ours under invoice just to get rid of it. i wouldnt consider that a strong seller and I think the fact that the spec b wasnt advertised really at all as being a special car and it didnt have any more power than a regular LGT hurt how well it sold. If it had 300hp and was advertised a little bit, it would have sold very easily, but most do not want to give up the extra cash for it as it was this last time around.

They seem to be selling OK for Subarus, but the Highlander and probably even Murano seem to sell a whole lot more. I'd be curious about how many Highlander/Murano buyers cross-shopped the Tribeca, and if Tribeca owners considered an Outback.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Everything is relative. I would not call 15 amont-a lot. We sell about 15 Pilots a week- is that a lot?

I do not think that Tribeca is a mainstream SUV thou, so they have an exuse.

depends on your market. Honda generally sells more than a subaru dealership. We have about double the market share here than we are projected to have so 15 is a lot here, but in NY, 15 is probably a bad month for new tribeca's or any other single model. in florida, 15 of any subaru model in a month would be considered great since florida dealers do not sell nearly as many subaru's as dealers located more north do.

I've had my eyes open, looking for Tribecas, and I've counted all of 3 in the past few months on my 30 mile commute here in the San Francisco Bay area.

So I got curious and tried Googling some sales data. Subaru's numbers aren't high all around, but the Tribeca is apparantly doing 'OK'. Especially compared to the Baja numbers, and even compared to the Legacy wagon numbers (which I also don't see many of -- everyone seems to own an Outback).

Subaru of America Vehicle Sales Report For March 2006

Model = MTD/YTD

Tribeca=1,966/4,947

Forester=5,859/12,569

Impreza Total=3,154/8,280

Impreza Sedan=1,825/4,870

Wagon=1,329/3,410

Legacy Total=7,642/18,261

Legacy Sedan=1,808/4,352

Wagon= 411/1,169

Outback=5,423/12,740

Baja=427/1010

MTD/YTD Total=19,048/45,067

U either like how the b9 looks or you dont. there is no inbetween. the tribeca sells a lot better then the legacy and for that matter the spec b. i dont know how the legacy has sold some 6 thousand more units then the forester has. At my old dealership the forester was our best selling car. Followed by the outback. ohhh wait i get it they included the Legacy outback with the legacy #'s and the Impreza outback with the Impreza #'s that explains a lot.

As far as 15 cars being a lot of sales. For a Subaru dealership i would def. say yes. out here in AZ not to many people know about subys. Suby buyers are a "specialty" buyer. Its not like a Honda where there a dime a dozen. In fact most people i run into think that subaru is a european company. now if you go to colorodo or washington or anywhere its cold and has poor weather im sure 15 cars is not a lot. especially when your store is selling 400 cars per month.

Like somebody else said looks aren't for everyone, you either love it or you hate it. At least you don't see several of them every mile your travel such as Pilot's and Explorer's. We love it and that is why we dumped our Legacy GT wagon for one. As for the "spending big money" comment, there are some amazing deals out there on them. Lease numbers are very strong due to residual values around 58% and SOA lease support. A comparable MDX would be about $100 more per month than the deal we got. Sales may be soft, but it's not like Subaru expected it to sell like Explorer's and Pilot's do.

but why? most people like how the current generation Legacy looks.

It's rather simple. You either like your SUV to be a box on wheels such as a Pilot or an Explorer or you appreciate something different such as a Tribeca or a Murano for your SUV. I am sure if you go to Nissan forums many people have different opinions on the Murano's looks. Most people like how the current generation Legacy looks because it is rather unassumming. So unassuming that is why it is referred to as a good "Q-ship" or confused with a Camry by many people. I like how my Legacy looks, but it's not like it has many design features that would be considered bold and different from the basic 4 door mold.

Archived