LegacyGT.com

shifter problems (no not the other one)

i searched, so help me god i searched, but found nothing...

heres the issue: i have an 05 lgt limited 5eat. the shifter will go into gear, and the LED will light on the dash indicating its possition (ie, park, reverse, drive) BUT the car does go into gear.

i notice ti most in park. i will go to startup and the car wont turnover. i have to off the ignition, shake the shifter and try again. it usually takes 4-5 cycles off this before the car will start.

it also happens in reverse. the LED is on, the shifter is in possition, but the car goes nowhere. brake, shake the stick and it will lurch into gear.

i dont think this is related to teh other lurching problem (which i also have :(), so my question is: is this a common problem, and of course, is tehre a fix? i bought an auto so i only had to play with the shifter when i wanted to to, not get tendanitis trying to get the thing in gear...

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

alright im sorry to cut into this post i tried to make my own but im really not computer literate. well i have a 05 legacy gt and yesterday i went to the stor to buy oil and all the necesities for an oil change and the car ran fine. i get back to my pad and change the oil and thats it....... about an hour later i get in my car to make a run and i get this whine.......i can hear my turbo spooling up...... actaully it sounds pretty mean! but an all actuality its not right. does anybody know or heard of this problem because it is absolutely driving me nuts. i went to the dealership and the technician is telling me its the intake.....which i know its not because i take off normal and it makes no sound but when i hit the gas then the turbo kicks in and thats when i hear it. but any replies would help and would be greatly appreciated.

alright im sorry to cut into this post i tried to make my own but im really not computer literate. well i have a 05 legacy gt and yesterday i went to the stor to buy oil and all the necesities for an oil change and the car ran fine. i get back to my pad and change the oil and thats it....... about an hour later i get in my car to make a run and i get this whine.......i can hear my turbo spooling up...... actaully it sounds pretty mean! but an all actuality its not right. does anybody know or heard of this problem because it is absolutely driving me nuts. i went to the dealership and the technician is telling me its the intake.....which i know its not because i take off normal and it makes no sound but when i hit the gas then the turbo kicks in and thats when i hear it. but any replies would help and would be greatly appreciated.

thread jack! you bastard :( heh, sok. i got an appoinment thurs at the dealership... im sure they are gona try to jack me

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Archived