LegacyGT.com

Autocrossed today

mwiener2

Had my first autocross today. It was pretty sweet.

I got kicked off the course though casue of the bubbles in my two left tires....even though I passed tech spec. O well, I got 3 runs in and proved that Dunlop tires may not take a pothole very well, but they'll still hold up to lots of thrashing with an apple sized tumor sticking out the sidewall.

BTW, winter tires don't like being taken to their extremes when it's 75 degrees out.

I have a video of the runs that i'm putting up on google video.... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3240103763259158047

edit: Just noticed that the bubble in the rear tire is so big you can actually see it in the two pics of my car. It's at about 3 O'clock. The front bubble is at about 2 O'clock but it's alot smaller.

IMG_0726.thumb.jpg.778839dec9ec987cf5cf0a21f3393a14.jpg

IMG_0727.thumb.jpg.a4de4629330b01ba7a76a7609f449f9e.jpg

IMG_0728.thumb.jpg.7bf6efe20ecb74565604a09766ee3544.jpg

IMG_0735.thumb.jpg.462dc41c00f59671f24af6eadc52a261.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg.ed1a9b5b0438dc454367b21ac47bc93d.jpg

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

no, that was my registration paper for the event.

My new tires and wheels were at the local UPS shipping center....but UPS wouldn't let me get them on a weekend....so that's why I was racing on damaged winter tires.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

My new tires and wheels were at the local UPS shipping center....but UPS wouldn't let me get them on a weekend....so that's why I was racing on damaged winter tires.

call me crazy, but I think I would have sat that one out :icon_lol:

Here's what happened. It was a closed course so the only way to spectate was to come with a driver. So my plan was to show up, fail tech spec, then stay and watch. But they passed me at tech spec and I figured what the hell, I'll go for it. The worse that could happen was a blow out and I'd go off course a little. I have a donut and the new wheels and tires were in town, so why not.

The tires held up just fine anyways

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Had my first autocross today. It was pretty sweet.

I got kicked off the course though casue of the bubbles in my two left tires....even though I passed tech spec. O well, I got 3 runs in and proved that Dunlop tires may not take a pothole very well, but they'll still hold up to lots of thrashing with an apple sized tumor sticking out the sidewall.

BTW, winter tires don't like being taken to their extremes when it's 75 degrees out.

I have a video of the runs that i'm putting up on google video.... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3240103763259158047

edit: Just noticed that the bubble in the rear tire is so big you can actually see it in the two pics of my car. It's at about 3 O'clock. The front bubble is at about 2 O'clock but it's alot smaller.

winter tires + warm weather + dry tarmac = bad idea.

Keefe

• 11 months later...

Archived