LegacyGT.com

Alpine IVA-W200 in Cubby Hole!!! SICK!!

BigNYDog3

Got the one of the first new Alpine Double-Din head units IVA-W200 and installed it in the cubby hole. Looks amazing and the quality of it is even better. Stock radio still has power so I use it as a CD holder. I have the iPod connected in the glove box and the bluetooth for my cell phone on the way hopefully this week. I am also waiting for the docking station for the Alpine handheld Navigation so I can use it with the screen. Sorry, bad camera phone pictures but you get the idea for now.

175480362_DVDScreen.jpg.fffecc8f7cdb3ee95f3dc775a0e62f56.jpg

626231678_ScreenOpen.jpg.0b9933caa6506278b43c940d9346b5a9.jpg

Screen.jpg.be9bf96e7638eba43621f4224185cf30.jpg

The unit retails for $1100 but since I pre-ordered it and it was the end of the month I got it for $999. I bought the factory navigation bezel for the cubby hole and with a little bondo and some plastic and black fabric to cover it. It took about 2 days to but it is well worth it, the stereo sounds much better and the touch screen with the pulse touch is amazing.

The unit retails for $1100 but since I pre-ordered it and it was the end of the month I got it for $999. I bought the factory navigation bezel for the cubby hole and with a little bondo and some plastic and black fabric to cover it. It took about 2 days to but it is well worth it, the stereo sounds much better and the touch screen with the pulse touch is amazing.

:icon_arro

Quality Auto Sound did the install for me, $200 and 2 days worth of work. I told them how I wanted it done and what to do and they did all the fabrication for me. I have some slightly better pictures, I am in the process of getting a new camera but it won't upload them so I will try again tomorrow.

they basically just wired the speakers to the new h/u right? im wanting to do this, not sure how soon, but it would be pretty cool...i miss my TV in the car

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

How much was it, how long/difficult was the install, do you recommend it, does the stock radio still operate? Is that screen flush with the dash?

It cost me $200 to install, they took 2 days to do it and it doesn't sit flush in the dash it sticks out about 1/4 of an inch. The factory radio still has power but no speakers hooked to it so I use it as a CD holder. I like it a lot and I would recommend anyone else to do it. I had already installed a 4 channel amp and subwoofer so the Alpine unit hooks to both of them with RCA cables and the stock headunit just simply has power nothing else.

The cubby was like $108 from Subaru it is just the Factory Navigation Bezel. I ordered the relocation kit it should be here sometime this week.

Based on the pics they did a good job filling in the holes in the bezel for the buttons. Or did it not have button-holes?

+1 for better pics. Looks awesome.

Archived