LegacyGT.com

aftermarket tires, do they compromise the ride quality??

AWD_Rules3830

well ... here's my plan, im probably going to drive my RE92s for the rest of teh spring and summer (Im still deciding whether or not i'm actually going to replace them, they seem to have there good and bad days haha) and get some aftermarket tire ... just something better that i have now ... in the fall. Question: does an aftermarket tread compromise ride quality?? I love the way the car rides ... its just smooth as butter :icon_bigg, and i would like to keep it that way.
I love my car ... basically.

the tread doesn't compromise ride quality, no. The sidewall construction does. Tires are all about compromises.....long tread wear = hard rubber. Better grip = softer rubber.

You'll have to weigh what your goals are in choosing another tire. Check out the reviews on tirerack.com for info to support your decision. ;)

well ... here's my plan, im probably going to drive my RE92s for the rest of teh spring and summer (Im still deciding whether or not i'm actually going to replace them, they seem to have there good and bad days haha) and get some aftermarket tire ... just something better that i have now ... in the fall. Question: does an aftermarket tread compromise ride quality?? I love the way the car rides ... its just smooth as butter :icon_bigg, and i would like to keep it that way.

Tread pattern can have an effect on the noise level, wet and dry handling. Some might consider that to be ride quality.

........I love the way the car rides ... its just smooth as butter :icon_bigg, and i would like to keep it that way.

You are looking for a "touring" tire. This class of tire is optimized for low noise and smooth ride.

^^Sounds like you are "pretty concerned"...search around, look for specific tires, find out if you need all seasons (AS) or summer tires, and read up alot before spending over $400 on tires. Don't go cheap on tires (maybe save $100 to $150 and settle for "cheaper" tires) and "risk" your safety as tires are the most important thing between you and the car..."Generally" speaking, high performance will lead to less comfort (more extreme tires). I was looking for something like what you were looking for, and I was choosing between Kumho ASX and Falken ZE-512 (these were #1 last year or something like that for overall value and performance. I've also heard the Toyo Proxes 4 were also pretty good...you should take your time and choose your tires wisely...good luck (we got a few guys with experience chiming in already ) :)
In Taiwan now...:spin:

Archived