LegacyGT.com

2006 LGT Test drive

galpdawg

Today i stopped my my local subaru dealer in hamilton nj for a test drive. Hopefully in the next 2 months i will have myself a LGT. So i tost drove a white LGT auto. And i think im in love. The car is so smooth with a quicker response time then my current 02 wrx. Cant wait to own one. Hopefully ill be able to post pics of my new ride in the up coming months!!

We could have got any car we want. We chose the LGT.

You will be happy if you chose one too.

well said!

also, try a manual transmission if at all possible:icon_bigg

Try the manual. I dove 120 mi to get the last '05 LGT MT wagon and I still love it 4 months later. I was well worth the 2hr+ drive in rush hour traffic from Los Angeles to San Diego.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I wasn't even off of the frontage road and was sold on the LGT. After having driven Acura TSX and TL, Audi A4 1.8T and 3.0, Saab 9-3 and 9-5 amongst several others, the LGT was the PERFECT blend of everything I was looking for.

What everyone else said - try the manual! It's sooo much easier to keep in the powerband than the auto. The stock shifter is way too loose and isn't shaped well, but a short shifter + a good shift knob fixes it up nicely.

wel i do want a manual, but i have to learn first, plus my dads helpin me out wit some money and hes gona wanna drive it some times so il be happy with a auto. still a lot beter then wut im driving now. and i cant wait for it to be sittin in my driveway

Stick or SportShift? That's the question.

I've driven both and just put my deposit down on an '06 LGT in Regal Blue with the SportShift. Living in Central Jersey with the Parkway, Turnpike and Rt.s 1, 9, 18, 35 and 36 within minutes of my house I needed an auto to make traffic bearable.

I have a 98 LGT now and my only gripes with this car are the tranny and the engine's powerband. The 4 spd auto's lousy shifter and gear spread make it a chore to overcome the lack of low end punch from the NA motor when trying to merge onto a crowded highway.

The turbo engine in the new LGT comes on stronger at lower revs and the extra gear in the tranny, along with the SportShifter, allow you to scoot away from toll plazas and merge from on ramps with ease.

Long live forced induction!

I wasn't even off of the frontage road and was sold on the LGT. After having driven Acura TSX and TL, Audi A4 1.8T and 3.0, Saab 9-3 and 9-5 amongst several others, the LGT was the PERFECT blend of everything I was looking for.

exactly how i felt....perfect blend of everything :) i am seriously obsessed with this car. i go outside during work and just look at it. yeah i'm wierd.

Stick or SportShift? That's the question.

I needed an auto to make traffic bearable.

The turbo engine in the new LGT comes on stronger at lower revs and the extra gear in the tranny, along with the SportShifter, allow you to scoot away from toll plazas and merge from on ramps with ease.

Long live forced induction!

+1. That's why I got the auto. With the amount of commuting I do, the traffic in NYC & the surrounding areas would've made the manual a bad choice for me. I love a manual but the auto was the best fit for me.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• 2 weeks later...
Today i stopped my my local subaru dealer in hamilton nj for a test drive. Hopefully in the next 2 months i will have myself a LGT. So i tost drove a white LGT auto. And i think im in love. The car is so smooth with a quicker response time then my current 02 wrx. Cant wait to own one. Hopefully ill be able to post pics of my new ride in the up coming months!!

Was this Nitti Subaru?

Archived