LegacyGT.com

Burning smell after bagging

It caught my attention that when I speed pass 140km/hr i can start to smell something burning. it smell almost like headers exhaust. Has anyone have this experience? Is this normal. btw i drive 05 gt sedan. Thanks in advance

I would say it's normal. There's quite a bit of smells associated with this car when you romp it. There are some threads regarding strange smells/odors. Some are initial and go away with time...others have had them to the dealer with no problems found. Use the search and you'll find some interesting reading.
- The Mortgage Man

Weird, I haven't noticed any smells on the freeway or high-speed back roads. Well, aside from the fertilizer smell from some farms of course.

I have noticed the clutch stink, but only twice - once when a friend was parallel parking it on a hill the night I got it (his first time driving an LGT), and once two days later with myself driving in creep & crawl where I could rarely let the clutch all the way out.

I haven't done much truly high-speed driving yet though. I'm driving down to socal in 2 weeks - I'll get a much better idea of how this car is at high speeds then :icon_wink

I get the smell too. It's usually when I really get on the throttle for an extended period of time (like getting it up to 140 kph). I should note, however, that I really didn't notice it until I put on my Cobb catted DP, not that I'm complaining!

As an update on my stank...

I did an oil change yesterday and it turns out I had one of the leaky filters on there. There was a decent amount of oil on the outside of the old filter. I haven't done a lot driving since, but I have yet to notice the smell that was so prevalent before. I'd recommend anyone to check their oil filter for leaks.

Archived